Women be Careful who you meet in Dubai

speedandsimple wrote:

This is true with all the nationalities including spanish, russians and germans. I have my self experienced this not through this but a different one

what about russians as my future wife is russian and she faced alot of harassment here in cairo and am afraid the same will be in UAE

Hi all,...I am new to Dubai and looking for friends,..please let me know if there is any !!

Hi Auddi,

You should create a new topic on the Networking Dubai forum.

Thank you.

anirudha1708 wrote:

It's surprising to see this kind of bigotry go unchallenged. If only you read the papers more regularly, and not just quoted statistics out of context, you'd know what I mean.

The papers are full of prevalent obesity in America. However, I don't assume that every American guy I meet will be fat! But since you like statistics and newspaper articles so much, why don't you try out this little exercise? Find a newspaper article that says looking for 'friends' online is the safest thing in the world, be it for any country in the world.

Just to be clear, I'm not condoning anything in any way. It's unfortunate that these things happen. But your brilliant deduction isn't helping anything in any way. It's offensive, and quite honestly, unimaginably stupid.

Nicely put!

You all should listen to yourselves.. No wonder war happens.

I'd be better off in South Carolina with my friends and listen to Kings of Leon - Use Somebody.

farsight13 wrote:

First off, its true that there are a lot of creeps in Dubai. I mean come on, this city out number men to women by 8:1. However, i think its just foolish to put every guy in the same category.
In my experience expat women in this country is very defensive, cant blame them, some are all alone with family ; just friends to rely on. However, after being totally and absolutely platonic towards them they still keep their distance from me. What really surprise me is that they end up going out with some wolf.     

Second, i think this goes for any person in any country, you don't meet other individual via email...its best to go to events and meet people through introduction by another friend in a crowd.

well said man !

HAHHAHA...LOLZ..funy na..

I don't believe expats here cannot survive their lives without this sex thing.. I am already 3 years here but never been engaged to sex here in UAE. Its just a matter of LOYALTY to your girl back home my friend..

dxbarun wrote:

No Comments!
Its not your mistake...
Thanks
ArUN

farazmasab wrote:

I respect woman alot... it was not needed to be personalized... you are talking on the top of something...if you go deep you will find some bitter ground realities.. there is big number or majority you can say.. who have difficulties to fulfil their primary needs.. you are talking about bars and pros... even they cant buy good food for them.... take a survey... look around you... it is a fact which you cant deny... not everyone is such literated or Civilized as you are.. constraints in resouces is the cause which lead you to crimes...

Dear Jarhead,

I've just read your post and I totally do not agree in what you have just posted. Yes it's good to warn other ladies out there for their own safety, but it is not good that you will mention any nationalities. We filipinos are totally friendly harmless here in UAE or in other countries. Most of us who reached this place are here to work for our families. It's unfair for us to be judged like this.. What your doing is a form is discrimination for me.

Jarhead wrote:

I met a friend the other day and she told me about some bad experiences she has had due to meeting people from this site.

There are alot of men seeking women for sexual pleaseur and many are willing to use force or offer money ( gifts ).

Honestly it is diffucult to meet decent people through the net, and many take advantage of our loneliness and being away from our homeland.

Many asian ( indians/paki/afghan/pinoy ) men are ruthless here, especially since they form such a big community they leverage their presence upon others.

So ladies, please keep safe and be very careful before meeeting men on the street just after "meeting them" online, especially in Dubai.

Soon me and my husband will leave from here cause it is certainely not what we expected.

Alyas chumpy > could you please come back with a shirt please ?

hi,

thank you very much for the information!
It is really kind from you!

Take care!

Juli

Hello everyone, this is my first post in this forum so I wish that you'll be nice in case you disagree with me. I can change my opinion very easily all you need to do is to convince me. I just now noticed that the thread was old but I still have something to say so I wish it is okay.

In my opinion, Dubai does have a problem when it comes to providing a healthy atmosphere for men and women to meet casually and to date, which is of great social importance. This problem is bigger than us and inherent in the design of the city but as long as we are concerned it is easier and of more benefit to talk of the best way to react to this reality in a way that mitigates the problem rather than making it worse.

... Worse problem means more frustration at both sides (men and women), which leads to the occurring of unfortunate incidents as well as to the unhappiness of the population overall, should unfortunate incidents occur or not occur.

Asking women to be more cautious (less accessible) is certainly not the right thing to do here (in my humble opinion), instead, they should be made more aware of the different cultures around them and taught how to spot healthy men.

From a guy's perspective, women are quite inaccessible in Dubai. This makes many guys use prostitutes or compromise with women that they would not be considering normally back home, ending up in hurting the girl badly when the guy finds a more suitable partner. This irresponsible conduct on the part of the guy (which is caused by their neediness and the scarcity of available women) results in many broken hearts in Dubai making women more cautious and more skeptic towards guys in the future, making the whole situation worse.

Also, as men get more and more sexually desperate they turn into opportunistic [Moderated] whose whole sexual experience is mainly composed of one night stands with drunk women. This is also quite unhealthy as the girl will feel that she was taken advantage of afterwards which will contribute badly to her impression of men and her willingness to be friendly (aka accessible) in the future, even with the right guys...

On the other hand, the fact that men in Dubai are hungry for women makes them more easy to be taken advantage of by women who are professionally trained to fool them into the thinking that they will end up sleeping with them but would absolutely not. This contributes to a very bad guy's impression of women in Dubai, thinking that they are blood suckers who are just looking for someone to pay their bills and run away with it, making the guy less willing to be as good/noble/giving as you'd like them to be in the future which is also bad.

To be honest, I find it hard to find excuses for dumb guys who are always willing to pay for any female that accompanies them in Dubai, as it contributes to the prevalent relationship model which is based on exchanging money for sex, which is not a healthy model for an equal relationship in which each partner totally own their choice to step in or out of the relationship. This is a general issue I know but here in Dubai, it seems to be very easy to assume that the guy is going to pay, which is not really a good thing (even for the girl) should things happen later on in the future.

[Moderated: may be offensive]

Overall I encourage guys to start by realizing that they are either sinking into or are already in the state of deep sexual desperation, to do whatever they can to step put of that miserable state and then to start pursuing intellectual and emotional connection with women, which will surely result in a great friendship or in a relationship. My advice to women on the other hand is to be independent financially, not to look for financial support from men, and to be very critical with guys but while opening the door for each and every guy. As long as they realize that it is totally their choice to accept or reject a guy and know how to inform the other person of their choice, they should not be afraid to examine everyone. Changing your number is not the way, it is telling that [Moderated] who keeps on calling you that you are going to call the police if he didn't stop.

UAE is one of little countries all over the world which is very safe & secured.
I'd like to say that u can find this bad attitude from guys anywhere in the world.
Also it depends to the girl.

A lot of girls are dating and making friends without any problems at all; but there are some who is having problems when they go out with a guy she don't know well yet, then go out with him for the first time alone.
The girl is the only one who can make the guy respect her and be polite even if he is not.

yes, the coin has two sides.

rude people are everywhere, therefore is it better to be cautious!!!

Most important characteristic of the people continue on the Internet is identified on the cultures and traditions and the heritage of those peoples

The consequences of this acquaintance would strengthen this knowledge to more and more important is mutual respect between groups

[Moderated: off-topic]

I'm sure this is true although I'm new here in Dubai but I understand the way it goes here it's almost the same as Egypt where i lived for a while
The problem is it's closed country that's why u find this more in such places

Hi guys,
           I was in the uae earlier this year, and I absoultly loved it, I'm going to try and find work there. So hopefully it all works out 4 me. I honestly did not find alot of men to be creepy or sleazy, yes maybe few but not all of them. Anyways u get it anywhere in the world, im from Australia and its fair to say that it happens here. If you present yourself properly and not ask for attention, then your fine, simple as that!!!!!!!!1 Have a great day guys...

Thanks for the heads up :):)

*Ahem Ahem* *Drum Rolls* !!

I've been stalked by Women in this country !! LOL !! Imagine being a high street, suited recruiter in DIFC, for the last 7 years.. I'll give you a sneak peak, women are on to me in a jippy, especially the ones from Europe, States and Australia. All I need to do is make sure they get a job.

The point is, this is a crap post, nationalities should not be pin pointed, every human has a 'devil' inside of him/her, so please, don't go on talking about Pakistani's and Indian's and Sri Lankan's blah blah blah.. the point is, you should of made sure you don't enter a taxi in a mini skirt.. or walk in tight clothing, and imagine to not get noticed or stalked.

I condemn men who race around behind women..rather, have a great job, look good..and the women will run behind you !

Peace !

Oh sheesh..just realized this is an old post !! LOL !

Anyways, have a great weekend everyone :)

loool real talk man there is no need to point out nationalities and also everybody should be careful about who you meet everywhere.

Saud1979 wrote:

*Ahem Ahem* *Drum Rolls* !!

I've been stalked by Women in this country !! LOL !! Imagine being a high street, suited recruiter in DIFC, for the last 7 years.. I'll give you a sneak peak, women are on to me in a jippy, especially the ones from Europe, States and Australia. All I need to do is make sure they get a job.

The point is, this is a crap post, nationalities should not be pin pointed, every human has a 'devil' inside of him/her, so please, don't go on talking about Pakistani's and Indian's and Sri Lankan's blah blah blah.. the point is, you should of made sure you don't enter a taxi in a mini skirt.. or walk in tight clothing, and imagine to not get noticed or stalked.

I condemn men who race around behind women..rather, have a great job, look good..and the women will run behind you !

Peace !

just  veary  sorry  for  what  happen  to  the  ethopian  woman,  first  there  good  and  bad  people all  over  the  world,  but  apet  from  that  asia  are very dangerous  when  they are with  women alone,  if  a father can  rape  a daugther,  and  brother  rape  sister,  ans  anuts  sleep  with cousin,  so waht  do  yu expect,  asian  have  beautul  woman  but still  yet   yu  raping  news  everyday  in  their  news paper,  so ladies friends  be care ful,  take  care. bye

Hi I am sorry that this happened to your friend. But i must ssay i am from england and as you know the west this always happenes. You dont have to be in dubai for this to happen it happenes all over the world as long as you are seeking on the net. So i think that this goes for anywhere in the world. As regards you and your husband leaving i am also sorry for that as i have been here for a while and absolutly love it. How long have you been here? and i think it depends on where you are living, and what kind of friends you have. Dubai is a multinational country and thats what i like about it. Again, to be careful in dubai as you put it, i thinks that also goes for anywhere in the world. But i must add one last thing. I found atleast i am safe here where ever i go. I didnt feel like this in england as a divorcee, so thats why i am here. But i do respect your feelings and hope that you do change your mind.
Kind regards
Natalia.

I guess you are exagurating here! I am new to the Arab region but I guess this cannot be the case...

yes i agree.

speedandsimple wrote:

Jarhead seems to be a highly biased person who doesnt have any clue on whats happening around the world. When I replied to her in private she replied back saying " get lost" and blocked me.She told me she read in the newspaper. I think reading newspaper is not doing any good to her thought process which is unfortunately so narrow.
Anyways what I wanted to tell her was all these incidents have got nothing to do with nationalities. It depends upon the upbringing of an individual.

I am giving you all some date below esp for ppl like Jarhead

AMERICAN RAPE STATISTICS

Somewhere in America, a woman is raped every 2 minutes, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.[/b][/i] Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)[/large][/large]

Happy Reading Jarhead

:one:up:

Thank you for your concern and your appropriate warning.  Its more about reminding us to be careful.  I have lived in dangerous big cities for most of my life (New York, Manila, etc..) and to me Dubai is as safe as Singapore...Everywhere we get our share of wierdos...but thank God, we have this peaceful place.  The larger the population gets, the more incidences of crime and discontent.  Yes, I read all those horrible stories about what they did to women and children.  Can't help thinking that the percentage of good people will increase if we consciously thank God and feel kindness to all.

Dear members,

Please note that several inappropriate posts have been moved from the thread.

Regards
Armand

Oh well seeing as how being specific means being 'inappropriate'.. heed the following advice.
.. Stick to your own countrymen and social network (yknow: "a good friend of a friend of a friend" intro) as much as you can. You already know how to handle guys from your own country.
.. Don't be too trusting. You really dont need to be unless you're planning specifically to get married.
.. Don't lend or borrow money from individuals. That has been the start of many a woe here. Some unimaginably horrific more than others.
.. Make sure you  have at least ONE trustworthy  LOCAL friend ... It helps . they can usually pick up on the scams faster than you can and also in cases where other (arab but not local) folks might try to take advantage of you

.. It is NOT scare tactics OR slander ..  I've had to help and reassure and rescue a few innocent friends of all nationalities during my stay here .. i just kinda get tired of seeing innocent people who wanted to have a decent life and a little fun shed tears over the greed and selfishness of a few others REGARDLESS of their nationality or race...  this place sometimes just feels like the Devil's Playground.

Hi All ..

Men are men no matter where they live where they from  .... Same apply for ladies with few excpetions.

Evan in Dubai or UAE in general more safe than any place and no one can hurt or act in stuiped with ladies without thier agreement ...

I've been here in Dubai for 1 month as I'm considering moving here with my family. Although I had my concerns about my wife's and teenage girl's potential safety and comfort in a new city, I have to say that I was impressed with the perceived level of safety. I've seen many women walk at night without even anyone giving them a second look. When I was observing the situation, I felt that I was the only one excessively staring ;)

I have personally visited several Arab countries and I have to say that Lebanon was the only other place where I felt that women had freedom of movement in the public space. However, that does not mean that abuse does not happen behind closed doors, so don't go there with people you don't really know.

Also, if anyone is going to make references to news articles, s/he must provide citations (issue # or/and date) or links to official news sites. Otherwise, the references might as well be hokum!

Cheers,
Ahmed

Well, I am not going to say something new where. But in fact, not all men should be put in the same category. The thing is, caution is needed for both men and women here. i know some men can be very mean still we are not the same.

Unfair to categorize any nationality. Evil exists even in the most decent of humans.

Julien wrote:

Alyas chumpy > could you please come back with a shirt please ?

lolz :)

Well, there where some good opinions and bad opinions over here, Bottom line,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Take care of your self, where ever you are, who ever you are................. you will no be raped, stabbed, robbed etc............
My opinion Nationality is not the issue, there are creeps in every nationality, and also i dont like generalizing this matter towards every MEN. Cause all men do not look at every women as Sexual workers....
Sorry if i said some thing rude..
cheers

Hi dear

Yes i agree unfortunately. It is disgusting to see how some lonely soul who needs only a caring friend is in most cases a sadist victim of his own lust with a sole aim is to perpetuate more victims. Yes sometimes people are lonely here and when they meet someone nice they prefer to listen to own their demons. Again that same recurrent smell of Fakeness/Shallowness to trap the naive ones....for sex, money and lies.

We can make Dubai better for sure it requires too much of unnecessary superficiality to have normal friends in this place.

i dont know what you People mean when you say BAD and GOOD. there is nothing such. its apart of the Circle of Life. where one meets another.

and dont act like you dont expect whats coming to you. unless you Dumb. rest, its just sad for SOME. and happiness for MANY ...

soo keep it to YOURSELVES !! dont make an issue.