Possible relocation to Munich

Dear all,

My name is Hervé Préval and I am originally from Port-au-Prince, Haiti. I currently live in Miami, Florida and I have been there since 1995. I have completed all of my post secondary education in the United States. I am a holder of two masters (Business Administration and Psychology). I am also on my way to completing a PhD in Industrial and Organizational Psychology. I have worked extensively with families in providing a array of services. I currently work in a immigration program that is expiring soon as a result of our present political climate. As such, I thought that it would be a great opportunity now to explore my dream of relocating to Munich.

Kind regards,

Hervé

Do you speak German?
If not - time to start learning, as it is probably the most important precondition to starting a happy life in Germany.

Thank you! I took German classes in the past and will resume with my courses. I have been to Munich about 10 times before. My last trip there was in February of this month. I am trying to find out how to navigate the bureaucracy in order to be able to work legally in Munich.

Thanks again for your feedback, Beppi.

Well, as a non-EU-citizen, you need a work permit.
The usual way is finding a job first, then applying for the permit. (Note: Most jobs require good German language skills - and you also need to be in a niche where the employer cannot find suitably skilled EU nationals.)

Thanks again!