Viable Business Ideas in Medellin

My friend and I are headed to Medellin in August. Our plan is to open some kind of business locally or do some real estate investing when we get there. Once we get to Medellin, we will have a better idea of what we might do, but I thought it wouldn't hurt to get some feedback from people who are already there. What is Medellin missing? What can be done better?

Maybe it's here, but I haven't found it....

Rental-apartment complex with properly climatized outdoor swimming-pool and jacuzzi .. and air-conditioning throughout the apartment.

I thought maybe Casacol's new (opened 2017) 80-unit Soul Lifestyle Medellin project would offer this.

Turns out the air conditioning is only in the bedroom.  The jacuzzi is cold and inoperative even after two months.  The pool is regularly overheated to near jacuzzi temperature.  The management/property manager don't understand what proper swimming-pool temperature is.  (Visit Hotel Dann Carlton Medellín or San Fernando Plaza Hotel to get a clue.)

cccmedia, temporarily at Soul Lifestyle Medellín

Hello Texas 0418.

I don't know how much you know about Medellin and Paisa culture, but what I can say is that you should really speak to as many expats as you can that have lived in Medellin for a while and particularly ones that have started (or tried starting) a business here before, there could be a huge cultural divide (the first response you received to your post might give you an idea) that would behoove you to pay close attention to your due diligence.

Which is exactly what you are doing with your post, smart.