How to make friends with other expats in ADDIS?

hi............fellows, before I lived in Lafto Mall,south west of Addis and around me its British, Spanish and American, everyday I just say hello but I think they prefer to self-closed? As you just see the cars coming, the security open the gate, the car go in and the gate will be "forever closed" so even I want to make friends with these neighbors, you know it would be good as you can help each other, but I can not find out a way.....  how to solve it?

Your post is now on the Addis Ababa forum

Dude i love the fact that your a peoples guy and dont worry this is a country where socialization is the core aspetc of it anyways im yafet a local call me there are a lot of people i know so my buddies could yours to this how we do it anyways xxx is my no chaw

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

that is big city live, hahah its easier in the country side. In general it might be easier to visit some known bars, but I can only advise you to go to places which are mixed, Ethiopians and expats.

The old days were much easier, Addis was a village, the number of bars were limited, nowr  days the number is so big that the expats are spread all over the town.

I think good places are
Saturday in the Hilton or use the happy hour at Hilton during the week!
The Bufe La Gare for lunch time, a lot are using this place for a cheap meal, simple but good!
Le Luvre Hotel nice beer garden in the back and used by quite a few expats which are already long time in the country and I never saw a hooker!!!
The Italien Club also quite nice bar in the front with pizza, also hooker free!
The Road Runner, also mixed

of course there are a lot of more trendy bars, more posh, but the chance is higher to meet some xxxx

Oliver