New Fiji member

Bula everyone,
My name is Somer and I am a Fiji-aholic!!  My family has lived and worked in Fiji on and off for the past eight years.  When we aren't residing in Fiji, we are Australians living in Queensland.  Our family consists of me, my Hubby and our two daughters (14 and 9 currently).  My youngest daughter was only 1 when we first went to Fiji on a holiday, and we ended up moving there 3 months later.
Anyway, I am happy to help anyone out with any questions they may have (if I can) based on my experiences there.
I have started a new blog site - www.meandfiji.com and I am very active on Instagram, sharing heaps of personal photos of our times in Fiji - www.instagram.com/meandfiji

Would love to chat to you about Fiji...

Vinaka (thank you)
Somer :)

Hi Somer,

Thanks for sharing. Your blog is registered in the Blogs from expats in Fiji section of the website so that members can easily find it.

All the best,
Bhavna

Bula Somer!

Thank you for posting and sharing some of your wisdom in Fiji. I spent a lot of time in Fiji as a teenager and well into my adult life and my younger sister attended school in Suva whilst my mum worked there for Fiji Paralympic committee. Our family has had a lot to do with Fiji for 15+ years and it is definitely my spiritual home!

The reason for me writing is I noticed you mentioned on another thread that you purchased an investment via investment Fiji. I am ready to move back to Fiji on a more permanent basis and would like to open my own business there. I have attempted to look on the Fiji immigration website multiple times and I cannot get it to load, plus I've called the consular office in Canberra, but you just cannot speak to any one.

Do you have any advice or information about investment visas in Fiji? I would like to open my own business, so not necessarily something that is currently on the investment Fiji website. Do you know if it is at all possible to start something from scratch over there? Or any other information or advice you might have?

Vinaka!
Rachel

Bula Rachael😀
Happy to tell you my experiences, I started a business from scratch... Can I email you? Or can you email me so I can reply? xxx

Vinaka, chat soon😀😀😀
Somer

Moderated by Sarvesh 6 years ago
Reason : Do not post your contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

I'll email you now!  :D

Replied 😀😀😀😘😘😘

Hi,

I am new here so any help, advice, contacts or guidance would be so helpful. In short hubby and I have decided to give everything up in our home in Sydney and build a home back in my birth country Fiji.

I have done apt of reaserach however I would love some advice about;
- Pet relocation - small pup 10mths old born in Syd do I need to send application forms in advance? Is there a cargo fee by airline? I've been quoted $1200fjd by bio security thus far should I expect more?
- Visa application is scaring me, my husband is a Croatian born Australian citizen what visa would he need to reside in Fiji and start a business? Would we need to register tax file number etc? Is that hard?