H4 VISA

I am on f2 visa after few months my visa status is changing to H4.I have read that on H4 I can only study and I cant do job.what is taxpayer ID?How can I get SSN? I have done MBA from Islamabad Pakistan.What other qualification or degree I can do from Santa clara university,California.

Welcome on Expat.com SabaZeeshan,

I hope that other members will bring their input to your various queries soon...

Regards

H-4 status does not allow you to work. You can study, do some volunteering work etc. but not work for a salary. 

You will not be able to obtain a Social Security Number with that visa. 

A taxpayer ID is an "Individual Tax Identification Number" ITIN, this allows you to be listed on your spouse's federal income tax statement.

You can obtain any degree you wish from Santa Clara University. The best course of action would be to contact their admission's office.

Thanks guys..
About taxpayer ID means that my Taxpayer ID will be also be listed on my spouse's federal income tax statement? so I dont have to apply individual right or again?

I have done MBA from Islamabad,Pakistan.I am getting bored at home so I am planning to do MS from any good universities in California? Which subjects in MS are in demand and from where?

What you guys think after MBA which degree I should go for it?

SabaZeeshan,

You must be on a visa that allows you to work in US to get an SSN. Nowadays, a lot of companies use "e-verify" before the new employee start working to avoid audit from DOL or from Homeland Security. E-verify is used to verify your I-9 information. It verifies whether you are allowed to work or not.

You can view more info about ITIN and how to apply.
http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/int … html#itin.

Your ITIN can be listed on your spouse's federal income tax, if you and your spouse elect to file 'married filing jointly'.

As for what jobs are in demand...hmmm I guess IT Mobility jobs. Try inquiring about Masters in Electronic Engg.