How much cash can I carry in hand while traveling to UAE from Riyadh?

Hello All,

I will be relocating from Riyadh to Abu Dhabi with family in a weeks time. In Sha Allah. I need to survive in UAE till I get my Emirates ID and receive my first salary and I need to take some cash in hand. For this reason,  Can you please help me understand the below queries?

how much maximum cash can I carry in hand while traveling to UAE from Riyadh as per Saudi Arabia rules?
Should I convert SAR to USD before leaving ? Where & which bank to exchange SAR to USD in Riyadh?

I am also afraid to carry hard cash during the travel.Please provide me some tips on how can i transfer amount from Riyadh to Abu Dhabi?

Please provide me guidelines.

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks and Regards

Kaleem

The max limit you can carry as hard currency without declaring at customs in 60K.

As for safety , the best way is to transfer online before hand if you are able to open an account there. Some banks will allow you to open a bank, even without the ID, if you have a valid offer and visa issued from an employer there. Check with the banks directly and the transfer costs are between 40 - 100 from most banks in KSA.

Many Thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

Kaleem