D Visa process time for EU Blue Card

Hello All,

I am quiete fresh on this website.
    Last year i got job offer from company which based in Nivelles (Wallonia). Company lawyer advise me to apply to Eu blue card. After two months waiting, i recieved a permission of Eu Blue Card.
    With this decision immediately, i applied for D Visa from General Consulate of Belgium in Istanbul. Second weeks almost past away and did not still get any result. When i talked to person who is responsible in Consulate told me that my case is rare (Probably indicate about blue card) and must check by dofi (home affairs foreign office). I have to wait at least 6-8 weeks more to get visa.
    Could you share you experiences when you getting visa for blue card? Is this process normal or not? I tought Blue Card programme aimed for easy access to work permit for high skilled professions but it seems it takes almost the some for national work permit (Nearly it will take 4-5 months)
    It may effecet contract and conditions becasue of plan was start at possition at the begening of this year.

Thanks in advance
Huseyin

Hi,

The fact of having the European Blue Card does not mean that you will have an entry visa and a work permit immediately.

This means that your competences have been recognized by the European authorities. Celq gives potential employers a message that they will have no difficulty getting your administrative documents.

In conclusion, first look for an employer who will give you a promise to hire. Then you can make the papers to enter the Belgian territory.

Now the government must also check if there is not a potential candidate able to do the work for which you are going to be hired.

You must also take into account the administrative delays of the large number of migrants wishing to regularize their situation.

Dear,

I would like to thank you for reply. This given information has little difference than what i recieved from lawyer. I assume that EU Blue Card authorization is a valid work permit different than national work permit. Because i already send all documents to Wallonie authority ( CV, work experience, employment contract etc.) and all documents checked and they make their decision with those papers.

With your answers, as i understand there is still chance to refuse my application even all documents are ready and provided for Visa issue and EU Blue Card authorization from Wallonie authority.

Unfortunatly yes, because employers must demonstrate that nobody living in Belgium is able to do the job.

Priority is always given to locals.