Tourist Visa rejected, need some guidance to re-apply!

Hello there,

I am an expat from SL and currently living in Doha. As tourist, I have visited few countries including the U.K. in last couple of years and counting some more.

In Aug 2016, I have applied a tourist visa (Temp. Resident Permit) to Canada, with an expactation of having a nice 4-days holiday in around Toronto. But, unfortunately it's got refused, also the given reason for refusal is not much clear too! - I had more than enough money on my bank to support my journey (submitted 4months bank statement), with a receipt of hotel booking and an itinerary of flight tickets.

CIC certified Immigration Consultants are not much helpful here in Doha, therefore I am looking for someone who's a tourist to Ontario before. Is there anybody who can help on this?

Hi there, usually  most tourists stay  longer than  4 days when visiting Canada specially coming from as far as SL....did you have an invitation letter?  Was your file thorough and complete? Maybe CIC didn't think that your trip was legit ...bank statements, flight tickets even hotels bookings are not enough to get you a visitors visa.

Thanks Krystal, I just planned to have my own holiday for leisure, my intention is not to visit people there but rather visiting places and enjoy the sightseeing. So, who would provide invitation letter? Hotel? or, any leisure provider?

If they are not enough what could they expect me to provide, Could you advise me on this? I only had a week off then, that's why it's limited as 4 days, even travel takes two whole day, and I thought of having rest for a day after the trip!

I don't  know if hotels provide invitation letters and it's unlikely that they do ..  it's not worth  to come to Toronto for the first time and stay only 4 days ,there's so much to see and places to visit unless you have money not to know what to do with  ,that's my personal opinion ,maybe next time you have more time off you can try again, this time show CIC bank statements for a longer period, to prove that you have continuous income , leave of absence from your work etc etc it might work ,nothing for sure
Krysia