Bank Account in Slovakia

Hi everyone

Does anyone know of a Slovak bank that is easy to deal with and offers a bank account with little or no monthly charge?

My wife and I enquired at VUB and they would charge €5 per month for a basic account....

I would really like to set up a SK Euro account to help fund our house bills over there and have a wee cash pop to build up.

Any thoughts would be really appreciated.

Thanks, Gordon

Hey Gordon,

A lot of the banks here charge a fee these days, €5 is quite cheap, believe it or not, some charge a lot more.

I can only speak for Austria, we have a couple of only online (No branches) banks and they do not charge a fee.

Not 100% about Unicredit, https://www.unicreditbank.sk/en/ They might have a free bank subsidiary .

Good luck

Thanks Simon, that's a good option.  Unfortunately they need €400 a month which is was more than I'd think about moving but it's a good start. Much appreciated, Gordon

SimCityAT is correct alot of banks charge here in slovakia, unicredit are free in slovakia, I use them, they are a czech Bank but operate in slovakia. Also they allow free withdraw in any machine unlike others where you have to use a specific one to that bank. Hope this helps.