How wheelchair friendly would you consider Rosarito Beach?

How wheelchair friendly would you consider Rosarito Beach? Have been there several times before becoming wheelchair bound and am now considering retiring there.

I do not consider it to be very wheel chair friendly. Some developments provide ramps, etc., but overall there are many barriers to those in chairs.

I have traveled through much of Mexico and compared to the U.S. it is substantially lacking in handicap accommodations, plus the terrain is often not even, or intact. There is often narrow sidewalks or no sidewalks and broken or missing sections. So I would chose very carefully

It's not that there are no W/ C bound people I have seen a couple . They use the street and or have help usually. I have not been to SMA, that is a city with a heavy expat influence, perhaps their accommodations are more handicap friendly.

Find a buddy that can push .... all of Mexico is bad for "rueda de sillas"

This is an article that points out some of the issues. https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2016 … aham-plaza

Of course this guy is very athletic, and this is Mexico city where the problem is likely worse. Pretty much all of the resorts have wheelchair access for visiting tourists.

Thank you all for your responses.  It is as I feared.

I live in Rosarito so know it well. It is not very wheel chair friendly.