Employment pass processing time

Hi,

My employment pass is expiring on May 22nd 2017. My employer has already submitted the renewal application.

Stage 1 -> Completed
Stage 2 -> Submitted on 10th MAR 2017

1) How much time does Stage 2 takes?
2) After stage 2, employment pass endorsement on passport takes how much time?

Thanks
Rajiv

Hi Rajiv,

Usually it takes 1-2 weeks , You keep checking on their website, They  must provide you  username and passport, If you don't have then just ask your employer. After you  see APPROVED then  your employer have to call them to fix appointment. Endrosment on passport takes 2 working days. leave the passport and collect back on next day.

Hope this information is helpful to you. I just share on my experience. I did renew on January 2017

Thanks
Regards
SAM

Thanks Sam :)

Hi Sam,

I saw your idea about employment pass. Can you also give me idea about e-card. im into medical profession. I told my employer that i wanted to apply for employment pass but they said it take 6 months to one year to be approved so they decided to get me an e-card first.

Pls enlighten me about this. thanks

Hi Sam,

I saw your good idea about employment pass. I am into medical professioin and my employer told me about e-card processing. Can you please give me an idea about what e-card is and can i use it to join any transaction here in malaysia.

Thanks...

Regards.

How many days will it take for the e-card to be approved cause they got my passport for almost 4 days now.

The Immigration Department will start issuing the Enforcement Card (E-Card) to employers who register their illegal foreign workers from Feb 15.

Immigration director-general Datuk Seri Mustafar Ali said the registration can be done at Immigration offices in the peninsula and state Immigration office.

"This program is implemented only in peninsular Malaysia, it does not include Sabah, Sarawak and Labuan.

"This is the last chance for all employers who had hired foreign workers without work permits to register their employees," Mustafar said during a press conference held at his office here.

He added the program to register the illegals ends on June 30.

"After the deadline, we will proceed with follow up action. If we catch the illegal workers, they will be deported back and action will also be taken against the employers," he said.

Mustafar said employers must be present with their employees when applying for the E-card and warned employers against applying through middlemen or agents.

He added the registration is free and the card will be given to the illegal workers two days after application.

"Employers and the employees must be alert and not apply through anyone else except us.

"There were several cases before where certain people had taken advantage of programs such as this and even charged RM7,000 for a fake document," he said.

The government made this decision to register all employers who hired foreign workers to address labour shortages in several key economic sectors such as manufacturing, construction, farming, agriculture and services.

The E-card is only available to illegal workers from fifteen countries that supply foreign workers to Malaysia.

The fifteen countries are Bangladesh, Philippines, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Vietnam.

Among the safety feature in the E- card included a QR code where applicants details are scanned into the Immigration's myIMS system.

Earlier this year, Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi had announced the government's initiative to introduce the E-card.

Ahmad Zahid said the card will give these workers a one-year extension in the country and will act as a temporary validation for workers before they get their appropriate legal documents from their respective countries or embassies.