Employment Pass Rejected ,

Good evening everyone!  I just got a message from my employer in KL yesterday  that my employment pass was rejected , but they are planning to appeal after knowing that the reason of the rejection is that they haven't able to submit a permit yet from the education ministry of Malaysia (since this is a new international school). Yesterday i was about to fly to KL as tourist , i was already at the airport when the employer texted me about the results of the application and told me that i might have trouble with the Malaysian Immigration if i will push through with my flight since my name is in the system already of the immigration. Now, i have to wait again ,

- Can someone advise on how i can visit KL while waiting on the result of my application.
- And how long is the process in making an appeal for the employment pass?
- Is it true that once once your rejection is in the immigration system , you cant go KL as tourist?

Thanks in advance for all your thoughts re my post

Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Once they reject then you name is in immigration  as rejected and if u come as tourist then they suspect you as you came here to work. So they might deport you ( possibilities). But they may allow you also.

Appeal may takes about a month or 2, it depends on you employer, they have to prove immigration as you are important for the company or else immigration ask a lot of documentation and all. ONLY EMPLOYER can manage this problem.

Employer only can manage on your case, I suggest you not to travel Malaysia until you dun get employment pass, you may waste time and flight ticket amount.

Based on my personal experience, other may have positive experience too.

Thanks and best of luck.

Regards,
SAM

Thank you so much  Sam for taking your time to reply in my post.

Hope things will work out soonest...:)

Maggie

Best of Luck

Hi Maggie,

I was also rejected initially, my company did the appeal and it took about 6 months after that to finally get the EP approval.
During that time, I did few business trips to KL without any problem, but yeah best to listen to your company's advice.
Best of luck!

Cheers,
Pendi