Health Insurance in HCM City

Hello Everyone

My husband and I are looking to purchase a health insurance as we moved to Vietnam. any good ones you are currently using, and you can recommend?
we are looking at both hospital visit, + life insurance

So far we approached:
1. Aetna International - i googled have very poor review of their claim service
2. Gras Savoye Willis Vietnam - Family Care - this is not costly at all, which makes it sketchy...

Thank you

Try  insureandgo.com.au

Very good policies and very inexpensive

Cheers

By the way ... we only purchased a 3-month travel medical insurance (plus some extras) - might not be suitable for you.
The company is InsureAndGo

thank you for your advance anyhow, will check it out :)

Are you living here long term or short term. I doubt travel insurance is what you need, I use Bao Viet the government owned insurer. You could try Manulife which is very popular, most expat insurers are just plain thiefs.

Thank you Colin,  we are staying long term so want something trust worthy and stable. especially can depend on when we actually need to claim.  Thank you

We are getting our insurance through Pacific Cross.  pacificcross.com.vn/en/  Reasonable pricing and they cover us internationally for when we visit our home country.

Thank you rschwabe
How is the claim process so far?

I haven't had a claim yet but they have direct pay with most facilities.

We're thinking of subscribing to FV Membership programme and use their doctors and facility exclusively. Since we'll reside in Saigon, this seems to be the best choice for us.

Before coming to that decision, I spoke with Pacific Cross and Cigna and nothing they offered would suit our needs and our budget (my spouse has a pre-existing condition). Bao Viet, for some reason, doesn't offer insurance to anyone who is older than 65. Our coverage in the US is always there so we don't need international insurance, although we'll have to look into travel insurance when we take trips from Vietnam.

Hi Ciambella, re FV, im thinking of doinf same for our family, mumdadtwo kids, so id be glad to hear how it goes

A lot of providers in Saigon accept Liberty.

Gill -- Our stay in Saigon will start on November 3, so the insurance with FV won't happen until a couple of days after that. If you'll still be without insurance at that time, I will let you know.