Need advice to travel from Manila to Ilocos (Vigan)

Hi everyone,

I'm going back to the Philippines next month to meet some clients, and found out that i'll be having 3days to spend by myself (not working).
I'm planning to go to Vigan City,
So, i need help from you guys to advice me about DO's and DONT's, also if possible, recommended inn/hotel, as well as places to go.
Fyi, i'm Indonesian and i prefer backpacker style :)

Thankyou so much.

hi viona, i read your post at expat.com and you are planning to go vigan city, ilocos sur. by the way i'm jhoel, i leave in santiago, ilocos sur. i am near at vigan city. the first thing you can do after you arrived in the airport is (even what airport) ride a taxi and tell to driver that you can bring to terminal of a bus at Partas transfortation. then, after you bring at bus terminal, ask for assistance in information. you ask if what bus going to vigan city and they assist you to the bus going to vigan city. after you ride a bus, tell to bus conductor that your destination is vigan city so that you could bring at vigan city. after you entered at vigan city, you can ride a tricicle to bring you at hotel. the hotel that you can checked in is Hotel Luna. tell to tricicle driver that you can bring to Hotel Luna. Hotel Luna is an elegant hotel at vigan city and you are comfortable if you stay there. or checked this out at the internet, you can search hotel luna at vigan city even the do's and dont's.

thank you and good luck.

regards,

Jhoel
xxx

Hi Sir Joel,
Thankyou so much.
Yes, i think i'll just ride bus from Manila to Vigan then,
they say it's comfortable and safe, so i think that option is not bad :)
And i'm currently looking for the inn/hotel on the internet so i guess it won't be a problem,
Thankypu for your kindness! :)

vionas wrote:

Hi Sir Joel,
Thankyou so much.
Yes, i think i'll just ride bus from Manila to Vigan then,
they say it's comfortable and safe, so i think that option is not bad :)
And i'm currently looking for the inn/hotel on the internet so i guess it won't be a problem,
Thankypu for your kindness! :)

You got good advice, Partas buses are air conditioned and about 11 hours from Manila to Vigan depending on the time of day and traffic with at least one stop for food.  Vigan is a beautiful old Spanish city with a few beautiful hotels and some Internet cafes.  You will enjoy the visit.