Learning Thai for a Thai person in Thailand

Hi all,

My mother is Thai and I have Thai citizenship and passport and would like to learn Thai in Thailand. Having grown up in Australia I only know a very small amount of basic Thai.

Are there any Universities or colleges which I can attend to learn the Thai language. Having citizenship I do not need a education visa etc. Any comments and suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Thankyou.

Sawadee krap,

there are probably two options for you and your mom.

1) attend any of the many foreign language schools in Thailand. of course you'd be learning Thai from a Thai but most likely with a bunch or farangs.

2) go live up country with a family, volunteer while learning the language from real Thais while living with Thais. This is probably the best option if you really want to learn it. try www.workaway.info

I hope this helps

good luck
RJ

Hi,

I'm Anny and working part-time job as Thai Language tutor.
Please contact me if you are interesting to my e-mail : [email protected].

Regards,
Anny

This thread is a bit old but if your still tuned in and not committed to any course and have the time to invest check out courses offered by two top universities in Thailand.

Thammasat and Chulalongkorn Universities both offer intensive courses for Thai as a second language.