Living costs in Malta

I have been offered a job in Malta, but the wages are very low.

I already consider myself to be quite poor in the UK. I struggle every month, never eat out, don't go out drinking etc.

The wages being offered in Malta are around a third less than what I'm getting at the moment.  I would love to live and work in Malta,  but I have serious concerns about the wages.

What is the average wage in Malta? I know that I can Google it but those figures never seem realistic.

Any advice or information is gratefully received. Thanks.

It's best to tell us what kind of lifestyle you expect and we'll tell you the minimum wage you'll need to support that lifestyle. Most important thing is where you want to live and if you want to share accommodation or not. Do you want to run a car? Go on holiday once a year? Any fixed medical expenses? Any dependents? Target savings per month for a pension fund?

okay wages are low and living costs are on the rise but if your savvy and you dont buy things you dont need you can easily live like a king here almost eating out once a week.

You can save money buy using apps like entertainer etc

But i agree whats the wage you have been offered.

what do you want from  Lifestyle - is it just your self ?

I'll be arriving alone, so no dual income. The wages on offer are around €23,000. Ideally I would like my own transport (car or scooter) and I would like to be able to visit Europe once a year, Northern Italy or France.

ok 23k is a fairly decent salary here there are many living on 4 euro an hour

An annual gross salary of 23k translates into a monthly net salary of around 1.5k.  You should cope as long as you avoid renting in the sliema/st Julians area. I would still recommend you share a place though. A scooter will cost far less than a car to buy and keep but is obviously much more dangerous. Best to decide about transport a few weeks after you get here.