Unemployment rate particularly in Vancouver

Hi guys, I am Ed from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Planning to move to Canada with my wife and almost 2 years old son. I would like to know about the unemployment rate particularly in Vancouver these days? and how difficult it is to get a job since i am not a "Choosy" one in terms of that? Appreciate your advice on getting a Visa/Work Permit. We have saved up some money for it and I am willing to start fresh in order to provide better environment for my son to grow up. We are also planning to come visit somewhere in October or November this year. Would appreciate your opinion and suggestion :)

Apa Khabar Ed,

You can look at stats canada for the unemployment rate, http://www.statcan.gc.ca/tables-tableau … 3l-eng.htm

However I would caution on reading the numbers as some unemployment is legitimate e.g. retirees, people in school or going back to school etc etc.

Vancouver has a very high cost of living. That's something one needs to be aware of. You probably will never be able to own a property there. 

As for work visa, you would need a job offer first before you can get one. And PR would set you off about 1-2 years of waiting before you even get it. As for the later, you need a lump sum in your bank account to show proof that you have funds to support this endeavor.

Do come visit and make sure this is something you would like cause this is a decision that's  going to change your life literally...

baik. You apa khabar? :)

I just found out that owning property in Vancouver is absolutely impossible for new expat like me to start fresh. as a matter of fact, Vancouver is the highest among every cities in canada! Would you suggest an area best for me to start? any area that the cost of living is cheap, low unemployment rate, good labour market that is less competitive compare with big cities?

I have seen your post alot here in expat.com. You are the most helpful with regards to Canada immigration. You must be really popular here Mr. Phillip  :top: