Malaysia work permit fee

Ya k thanks for the reply

You need to get employed first. Company will apply for your work permit

Please let me know because I want to work there and find a job

You have to find a job first only the company will apply a work permit for you

I was hired by a company in Malaysia (advertising agency) and we just finished the Stage 1 processing.

The agent took 2 weeks to get back at us and quoted almost RM10,000 to process my work permit and my company said that we should pay 50-50 for this.

I am not sure what I should do. I don't think I am willing to pay that much since first off, I didn't know that I was going to be charged for applying for my work permit. This is a shock to me and apparently my employer too that it would cost this much.

ohnatalla - no decent employer would engage an agent and expect you to pay. It sounds very dodgy that they tell you Stage I is competed (what proof have you seen?) and then spring the cost on you. Sometimes this tactic indicates it's a job scam.

Hi Gravitas,

Thank you so much for your input. The company that hired me is a very reputable firm. I asked them why is it so expensive and I asked how much they have paid for their other foreign workers. They said that they have foreign workers from UK, US, Australia, Indonesia, and they only had to pay around RM5000 per Employment Pass that's why they were also so shocked about the rate that the "agent" was charging them.

I was just forwarded the quotation from the agent and I was shocked RM 5,800 is going to POEA fees for "accreditation" and such for the company. I've never heard from expat friends who had to go through this. Normally they were just asked to pay for exit clearance (OEC) out of pocket that's only $100. As of this moment, I don't know if the "agent" is sketchy or the "agent" honestly doesn't know that we don't have to go through that.

If there are any Filipinos here who was also hired directly, please let me know if employers do have to pay for this. Any advice/help would be really appreciated.

Hellow gravitas I am Udtishna priya I am physiotherapy graduate (ug).I am not getting opportunities to work.There is any chance to get work permit visa then I can search job.

No you need to get a confirmed employment only then the company will appy for a work permit

I got friend before apply for work permit and success.can pm me.thz

Sounds like a fake EP - not a good idea and usually costs a lot of money.

It also means the holder is trapped in the country and cannot leave as they are illegal.

a hospital is ready to offer me a job .they r asking me to apply work permit on my own, I just want to know is that possible?? If yes then I also want any agents who can process it for me.
Kindly help
Regards
Udti

yes possible

No it is not possible. They need to apply for the work permit as corporate information is required. Beware of job scams in this sector. I really don't think you will get an employment pass as a newly qualified physiotherapist as immigration will say there are plenty of Malaysian applicants who can do the job. My honest opinion is the recruiter does not want to say NO so is suggesting you to do an impossible task - it is quite common reaction here. So you pay lots of money to an agent who then can't get you the EP - or worse still, it's a fake and the hospital still wont employ you....

There are some organisations who will give you work permit on behalf of their companies which are called A to B visas.

Outsourcers? Kelly does that as well as a few others. But a hospital (apart from domestic cleaning staff) would process their own EPs. Check also whether you are eligible to work in Malaysia via the Physiotherapy professional body here. An EP in Malaysia requires a minimum of 2 years professional experience.

Thanks for the info guys , I will keep my updates , hope for the best.

Bro, what's your phone number? Need you to teach how. My company wants to hire me but the agent fee is really high. How to apply himself?

This describes what the company should do - they anyway have to provide corporate information to be eligible to hire staff - so sounds like they can't legally do so and want you to find out the expensive way or get a fake EP:

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

The compay just have to register to hire you.  There are so many scams at the moment with companies pretending to hire people but they end up working illegally and overstaying. That will almost certainly lead to deportation and blacklisting for 5 years.

A reputable company will hire through MDEC or ESD

Dear All, My Name is Muhammad Umer Farooq. Currently I am located in Jeddah KSA. I came here to search the job but unfortunately i didnt find that yet. Well now i like to move Malaysia because i been there before and i like Malaysia very much.
Now i need your assistance. I am from Pakistan and i am SAP CO Managerial Accountant Certified Consultant and also i did Diploma in Applied Accounts from UK (Higher National Diploma in Applied Accounts).
Tell me the best option that how to move Malaysia and which option is best for me,
1-Search job through online and wait for company's reply?
2-Apply for any course for a year and search job within that year and transfer my visa on that employer (required the assistance for which course is popular in Malaysia?)
3-Can i get 1 year work visa of Malaysia?  (required to know fees, duration and process).

Looking forward for your response. I need a authentic and legal procedure.

Regards
Muhammad Umer Farooq

How can we get work permit when there is no employer sponsorship with us? Is there have any way to get work permit of Malaysia for a year?

The Malaysian job market is nothing like the middle east.  Singapore has a slightly better job market and is more similar to the ME than Malaysia.

Accountants are prolific in Malaysia and there are rules about who can register and what type of work they can do if they are not Malaysians.

It has a very active local working population. There are currently lots of unemployed graduates and retrenchments. The Government (Immigration) is therefore supporting the employment of local Malaysians.

ASEAN cooperation recently came into force, so workers from those countries are prioritised.

Hiring foreigners does not take place very often. The immigration rule is that where there is a local Malaysian who can do the job advertised, then foreigners cannot be recruited.

Work permits are only sponsored by employers and immigration has the power to reject all applications (the final decision is made by immigration).

Not all companies can hire foreigners. There are rules about how the company is incorporated that guide their ability to recruit plus immigration rules.

1-Search job through online and wait for company's reply?
**Yes, but difficult to find work in Malaysia except as software engineer

2-Apply for any course for a year and search job within that year and transfer my visa on that employer (required the assistance for which course is popular in Malaysia?)
**The policy is "study and leave" and getting employment after a course is almost impossible. But it will give you time to network. You would need to leave the country as all first-time recruitments have to take place while the prospective employee is outside Malaysia.

3-Can i get 1 year work visa of Malaysia?  (required to know fees, duration and process).
**Setting up a Malaysian or Labuan company is the only way to possibly secure an employment pass. For Labuan the required paid up capital is RM250,000 For mainland Malaysia is it RM350,000-RM1 million.

I really appreciate your consideration Nd reply to me with that much detailed reply.
But i would like to mention that the situation of gukf ia also nit hood specially if Saudi Arabia. Whenever i think to move somewhere, Malaysia 1st comes in my mimd. I have seen so many jobs for SAP Consultant requirements. As i mentioned earlier that i am SAP Certified Consultant. So what you think about to getting job there in Malaysia or in Singapore for SAP, bTW are you from Malaysia?

Singapore is an easier job market because of its demographics.

Suggest you start your own thread about SAP jobs for visibility.

Muhammadufarooq - check Glassdoor as I can see they have quite a few current vacancies.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Job/jobs.htm? … p;jobType=

Thanx alot for sharing this job lin. Yeah there are lots of jobs in Kuala Lumpur, i am applying one by one on these jobs.

It's sometimes easier to find work outside kl because everyone concentrates on those jobs.

Well you are right,. I'm applying from outside from Malaysia i hooe they consider me.. I use jobstreet and LinkedIn previously. Lets see what happened now by using glassdoor.

What I meant was look for jobs in Johor, Penang, Kulim, Butterworth etc. (Kuala Lumpur, Selangor and Cyberjaya are where everyone looks). Quality of life can actually be far higher outside of those 3 places.

I dont have any issue of relocation andni have no issue of livung any part of Malaysia. So yeah im applying every city of Malaysia. I wish i get the response asap. Thanks alot for your guidance

Hello, may I ask what is the procedure to apply for a working visa?

The employer is responsible for arranging the application.

There are two different types of Employment Pass. One is for Foreign Workers from a list of specific countries in the region. The other is the Professional EP. Each type is handled by a different system

An EP is related to an employer and a particular job, therefore not transferrable.

How and from where can I apply
Please reply

Please let me know how and where can
I apply for it
Email: [email protected]

The employer applies. There are NO personal applications.

Hi,
I want to work in Malaysia n how to get working permit? Now I holding spouse visa n sooner will be expired n my hubby don't want to extend for me? But I want to work in Malaysia. Anybody can help me or advice me?  Maybe can send to my email : [email protected] or WA 0199428826

Fransisca - you need to get a job offer and to process a Foreign Worker Pass or a Professional Pass. Check the JOBS section at the top of this website.

I aldy hv job offers but my employer can't assist working permit coz I hold spouse visa. Is it true M's?

Fransisca29 - suggest you join the Facebook group called Foreign Spouses Support Group, Malaysia

https://www.facebook.com/FSSGMY/

Other members have first-hand experience and knowledge of your situation and should be able to provide some information.

I came on visit to malaysia and I'm looking for job here tell me the work permit process thank you