Full package

I m offered a job proposal from a public hospital in al ain. The whole package includes 6000 aed basic plus 3000 aed allowance and 55.000 aed per year for housing. What do u think of this proposal knowing that i m a staff nurse and i have over six years of experience in icu.
Please i m counting on ur opinions to make a decision. Thx in advance

Al Ain makes this more appealing as rent and general living expenses are much lower than Abu Dhabi and Dubai. You should see if they will pay the full year's rent at once to the landlord or spread that over 12 months into your paycheck (meaning you would have to take a loan for the lump sum rent payment). Being able to spread rent into 4 payments is becoming more common, but many places want 1 year rent payment all up front at move in.  I would not recommend going into debt just to take a job here. Check ADCP for rental price ideas and locations near the hospital. As far as salary goes, just think how much that amount is above what you are making. I would say if it's not at least 30% more than your current salary (housing allowance not included) than either negotiate higher or don't bother.  The working environment can be harsh with long hours, difficult people and not a lot to do outside of work... so make sure you are making 'enough' for disrupting your life

Hey Matt thx for taking time to answer. For the rent i think they pay the whole year rent at once as they mentioned that if i want monthly housing allowance they would only offer 4000 aed per month. Regarding the salary it s about the double i m making now however i m not sure if i can live a decent life in al ain with that package and be able to save, knowing that i am married with a 9 month kid. Thx again for ur time buddy.