Aussie Expat new to The Netherlands

Hi there,

I have recently relocated from Brisbane, Australia to The Hague, Netherlands to live with my boyfriend who is a British expat working for Shell.

I've just obtained my work permit and BSN number so am currently in the process of  looking for a job. Any recommendations for the best recruiting agencies and any roles going for an English-only speaker with administration experience (accounting, legal, insurance industries preferred) would be greatly appreciated.

Would also welcome any advice on where to meet other like-minded expats in the area / happy to meet anyone that is interested for a coffee and a chat - would especially love to hear another Australian accent!

Brianna

Hi Brianna welcome to the Forum (and Holland). :)

We have a jobs section at the top of this page; check it out and see if anything suits.

To be honest, without any Dutch skills, you will struggle to find work as an administrator in the accounting, legal and insurance market.  My advice would be to check out the multi-national companies; maybe a good place to start is where your boyfriend works, or at least have a chat with their HR department and see if they have anything to advise you.

As for agencies; I'd advise you to use Google - the Dutch word for an agency is "Uitzendbureau", then go through them to see which offer an English option you can read - not many do.

Not sure if I've helped much, but I wish you the best of luck in your journey.