How has your life changed in South Africa

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to South Africa? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in South Africa? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to South Africa has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

rate of change on my life is  7/10

my life has changed because of better my health.i wish to thank God and Govt of RSA for that.i think the current President  of RSA has Africa at heart wish the govt all the success in overcoming challenging problems like employmet creation and global recession.

changes in my life include suceesful education of my 2 daughters who have finished college/univeversity.
coming here made me continue working life as it was abruptly shut down in my country by economic meltdown and company closures.at least i can prepare retiring in a better state.

my leisure is on tv african movies and culture.

i wish to take this opportunity and greet all expatriates across the body and wish them a good day

i thank you.

Yes, it has changed. Whilst the quality / standard of living in South Africa is pretty decent and high its really difficult to integrate and find a job.

I moved to South Africa to join my fiancee who lives and works in Cape town - -- beautiful place. However, finding a job has been extremely difficult and frustrating for me as an expat. I think if you are not South African the job market in South Africa can be quite impossible to penetrate regardless of your qualifications or experiences. I feel employers look very closely at your citizenry at decision making especially with their local laws of 'Black Economic Empowerment' [BEE] program the country runs on. You probably have better chances more than anyone if you were not only South African, but black South African. So moving to SA has been difficult job wise!

My thoughts and experiences.xx

i agree with you that job market in RSA is almost for south africans,because when the economic situation gets tough,the govt and companies think of their own nationals first.basically its not possible for a foreigner to get a job in RSA unless if he has critical skills etc but its a very long and difficult task.