How has your life changed in Nepal

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Nepal? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Nepal? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Nepal has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Prior to moving to Pokhara, i lived in Thailand for 2 years having been seduced by the 2 year retirement visa. I now wish i had just moved to Nepal first and only. My life has improved since mobing to Pokhara. The main reason i came here wad the weather. Thailand is an oven 10.5 months of the year. It makes one not want to go out and inactivity puts on weight. I was also just living in a nice hotel room and did not cook but only had accesd to a boiling pot to make soups with and, of course, a food stall on every corner plus 7-11's everywhere. I have no family or job. I have now lived in Pokhara for 8 months and lost 38 pounds. I live in a nice apartment and cook mostly veggie dishes and stay away from starch. I walk everyday and i still have so many treks to go on. It's much more beautiful here than Chiang Mai and i have established friendships with a few westerners and Nepali's. I would definitly say that even though Chiang Mai is more developed, that my quality of life here in Nepal is better. Now, i have to start learning more of the language. My experience so far is a solid 8.