Is This organisation Trustworthy and Advisable?

Hi all. I'm a single Aussie male from NSW thinking of retiring to Chiang Mai soon and seem to meet the visa requirements. Came across a site called "Retire at ... 550" which offers a package to get you a visa, accommodation etc etc. Does anyone know of this organisation and whether or not it can be trusted?

Second question: Is this a reasonable way to relocate or are there better ways to go about it?

Cheers, looking forward to your replies.

Hi Lunarfoot, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I hope other members will be able to advice you very soon.

I wish you good luck
Christine

Thanks for your welcome, Christine. I'm sure someone will get back to me soon.
Cheers
Lunar

Know nothing about the organization but if you meet visa requirements then why pay someone to obtain your visa.  Its an easy process if you meet the financial requirements.

True, Stray, but is the site worth it for the accommodation? I'm looking for a studio/1 bedroom condo in a reasonable part of town for ten thousandish per month, so without a guide or an agent I need a heap of advice. Always glad to listen and most appreciative of those who take the time and trouble to help out.

Cheers
Lunar

I suggest you do a google search for Chiang Mai apartments. Don't pick any that require you to pay a fee because its already going to cost more than if you deal with the owner direct.  I suggest you stay in a hotel first and check out the different area's then look for apartment by asking other expats or motorcycle taxi's.

Good advice again. Thanks mate.

Cheers
Lunar

Hi Lunafoot,

Please see this web site, thailongstay.co.th/home.php

You can trust them and their prices are very reasonable. 

They are legal and contact them direct.

Cheers

Thanks JC. I'll check them out.

Cheers
Lunar

To be honest I would never use any sort of agent in Thailand for visa or accommodation, there is simply no need and you will pay way over the odds.

I would also not consider moving here without first visiting the country and checking out the different areas(you may have done this).

I assume that you meet the visa requirements for whatever visa you want.....if you do simply purchase it from your local Thai embassy/consulate before you travel.

There are plenty of scams in Thailand and let me assure you they are not all operated by Thais. For example I recently came across a guy doing visa packages(for folk already here) and he was charging 25000 Baht for something I do myself each year for 5000 Baht.  So beware!

Check out the local blog scene, I read a very good one written by an Aussie living in CM.  I also write one myself which presents a balanced view of Thailand.

Yeah, thanks, thetefldon. I'd sort of come to that conclusion myself. I have been to Thailand but I agree that I need to check out all possibilities before over-committing.

Thanks again
Lunar