How has your life changed in Germany

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to Germany? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Germany? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Germany has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

Yes, my life has changed extremely since I started living in Germany: I learned to walk, talk, read, write and a lot of other things.
But then I am born German and thus probably not qualified to answer the question.

I'm  colder   :idontagree:
Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?
Well, if I could get hired into a REAL Job I could write all about it!  :/
Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?
Not very much, funds are too scarce.  :rolleyes:
Would you say that your standard of living has improved in Germany? What income differences have you noticed?
No.  Net Zero!  :huh:
On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to Germany has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).
10 - I am dramatically poorer than I was where I left from! :(  :unsure

No more Wisconsin (USA) winters!!! I feel like I'm in heaven! Germans complain about German winters, but I never will.

For the first 6 years my husband and I were married, we lived on separate continents. Now I am far away from my adult children and my parents. We've all learned how to carry on a healthy relationship despite physical distance, and technology makes it easy. I don't hear much from the few friends I had in the U.S., but I've made new ones here. My mood is great! I am very, very happy here in southern Germany and could never again live anywhere else.

My husband and I aren't very social people, so we enjoy our quiet evenings at home. I don't miss social interactions, and I know where to find them here when I do want to be social – such as the local weekly international café where refugees and locals get together for coffee, cake, and conversation. I enjoy reading and photography in my free time.

Marrying a hard-working German man improved my standard of living, so the actual move here didn't change that.

(8.5)  I don't know about transformation, but living in Germany has fed my passion for culture and history. History is all around us here, and I love visiting unfamiliar towns, castles, and churches, and learning about their history. I miss that when I visit the U.S. There's history there too, but it's the Middle Ages, the Reformation, and ancient history that interests me more than recent history. And the language! I love being surrounded by the challenge of the German language every single day.