How has your life changed in China

Hello everyone,

Has your life changed since you moved to China? If so, in what way?

Tell us more about all the changes in your life regarding your family, job, or friends. What about your frame of mind? How would you define your mood?

Leisure activities improve our health and social interactions. How much time do you dedicate to leisure activities and networking nowadays?

Would you say that your standard of living has improved in China? What income differences have you noticed?

On a scale of 0 to 10, tell us how much your expatriation to China has transformed your life (0 = no change, 10 = dramatic change).

We look forward to hearing from you!

Priscilla

yes my life changed after coming to China. lots of changes happened. 1st, Before coming to China I heard that China is not safe, Chinese product, services and other things are not well.
but what I found that China is safe place on earth. it is better than USA or Europe.without Religion, youtube, facebook, google map I can live very well. infact better.

After moving to Shanghai my life has changed rapidly. It has been like a Roller coaster from the starting.

It was easily 10 at the beginning but later changed to accept many things.
one thing I did not have before was support network and trust to system.

when you get used to things that are first weird then it will start working.

Now there are many things that can help expat to live in Shanghai.
one can ask me.

After moving to China from Canada, your life changes in every single way. Like most places you move in the world, psychologically we change and adapt to suit the environment you move on or to. Often times when people begin to notice the change it is too late; possibly because of the fact they don't like the changes they have made, they move on.

My mood is jaded to say the least but optimistic about the future. I take it as it comes, feeling no entitlement to anything (obviously) but making sure that I am respected just as much as the national standing next to me. Guest or not, I pay taxes. Environmentally, things will get better. (guess that answers mood and frame of mind :p )

Family is a strong aspect of my life, I miss them, we don't talk often as I work so often but with my fiancee's family we try to regularly visit as they try to visit us when they can. Family is huge and always will be, probably a lot of the reason that I decided to come here to be honest.

I work with all my friends here. The only people who I don't work with that are my friends, I see at the bar, or when I purchase things from them at the market. A pragmatic relationship that becomes a little more friendly.

I am a teacher, my job is crazy...unless you are also a teacher in China, you wouldn't understand.

I try for at least two hours of vigorous exercise a week, usually able to do more. I use a Xiaomi watch and set step goals, I also take the stairs instead of escalators. Health is important to me but work and my fiancee come before gym time.

Socially, bars and teams are my dedicated social interaction times. Go for a pint on Friday; play hockey for two hours on Tuesdays.

I have only been here for 3 years. In the time I have been here, I have seen that there are less homeless people in the bigger cities and none in these smaller villages. What happens to them? Where do they go? Good question. What happens to the people who are not registered under the Chinese government? Good question...not my place. But as a foreigner, it looks alright, my standard of living is around the same with what i would be paying at home, maybe a bit cheaper...yes I like to live it up here in China.

10-I would not be the same person if I had stayed in Canada and never left.

C. Bono