Starting a small Art Gallery in Bulgaria...

Hi All,

I live in Singapore, and I am interested in opening a small Art Gallery in Bulgaria.  Any one can advice me on this?  Tks so much. JJ>

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please note that free advertising is not allowed on the forum. Kindly register your services in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi there,

Thanks so much for your post.. appreciate you could advice me more on what you could do for me ?? Tks. JJ.

Hello,

We will be able to find the perfect property for the gallery, organise the opening (media support included), and of course connect you with artists and people working in art branch in Bulgaria.

Hi there,

Have you decided in which city you would like to open the art gallery ?
If you plan to sell throughout the year, good options are Sofia and Plovdiv
If you are focusing more on the summer tourist season, then you can consider Varna, Bourgas and Sozopol.

Probably the most important decision is what kind of customers you'll be targeting and how, then you can select the right place.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your kind support.  Will certainly keep in touch.  Tks Cheers. JJ.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply. 

Yes I have chosen Plovdiv got few friends there...hope things will work out.  I also quite like the rest of the places you mentioned.  I will certainly make a trip down this year to take a good look first. 

I will have to  focus more on visiting tourists from Europe...ya. What do you think?  Cheers..JJ.

Plovdiv is a good choice. Some time ago it used to be called the Art capital of Bulgaria. Tourists are going there yearround, so you will not be limited by the seasons.
Targeting foreign tourists is also a good decision, but you must make shure they find you. That's the hard part :)
The second hardship is to identify what exactly do they need ....