Claiming Birth Notification in Jeddah

I want to ask if the birth notification of a baby can only be claimed by the father himself? What if he abandoned his family and left the kingdom and never came back? Or what if he passed away? Is there a possibility that the wife/mother can claim the birth notification from the hospital?

Thank you.

To the best of what I know, only father can claim issuing the birth certificate.

However,,, I suggest visiting them and seeing their Manager will all the proofs (death certificate in case of death - or - copy of final exit visa taken from his sponsor). I am sure your request will be considered seriously.

Thank you.

The thing is he left with an Exit Re-entry Visa and never came back. Actually he left without my knowledge. Like I said, "abandoned". And processing these kind of documents are the responsibility of the father only. I hope there is another way for the sake of my daughter.

Thank you again.

Take supporting docs (marriage certificate, copy of passport/residency permits) and also give the name of baby to hospital/clinic and they shall give birth notification

Ehtesham wrote:

Take supporting docs (marriage certificate, copy of passport/residency permits) and also give the name of baby to hospital/clinic and they shall give birth notification

True.

My advice above is for birth certificate to be issued by government authority which is the next step after birth notification issued from the hospital.

ghafalla wrote:

Thank you.

The thing is he left with an Exit Re-entry Visa and never came back. Actually he left without my knowledge. Like I said, "abandoned". And processing these kind of documents are the responsibility of the father only. I hope there is another way for the sake of my daughter.

Thank you again.

1st of all congrats on your baby girl and sorry to know about your situation. Since this is about legalizing your daughter even when husband is not here. As long as you have the supporting docs you shall proceed with notification of birth from hospital and then go for birth certificate. Approach PR dept of company where your husband was working and ask for his exit re-entry to proof he is out of country.
Also approach your embassy to assist you in this issue.