Foreigner getting work

Hi,
I am currently living and working as an expat in Vietnam with my Filipina wife and our two children. I am a NZ citizen and my wife is Filipino citizen and our children have dual citizenship. We own a property in Bacolod city and are thinking that maybe we will move to the Philippines soon and look at establishing a business of some sort but still deciding what that will be.
My main question is, what is the general feeling from employers to hiring foreigners?
We have capital to start up but feel that one of us will need to be getting a regular income while our business is going through the initial trials and reaches profitability.
Any feedback would be appreciated and helpful to our decisions about how long we stay here in Vietnam
Thanks

Hi
I am also married to a filipina. I am living in Bacolod city. My wife is an accountant working with a lending company. You can start a business here as well. There are a lot of areas that you can invest into. The truth is all you will do here (Philippines) should be in the name of your filipina wife if you want things straight and easy. (40% for foreign partner and 60% for Filipino). Most employers here do not employ foreigners since they know the rate for foreigners are higher than hiring a local person. Besides they have to prove to the immigration that the job they are offering to you cannot be done by any local person. Your wife can easily get work since she is a Filipino with experiences in the field of her education.
I am personally adjusting to the rhythm and culture here. I am a year old here. haha....... Feel free to contact me if you need further explanation to any question. My wife will also assist in answering you.  Salamat gid... :top:

What most find is if u start a business keep ur pale face well hidden and let Filipinos run it.  I have seen guys even buy good businesses and not heed that advice only to later  go out of business.  On just pure job type thing there is non and it is no smiled upon for a foreigner to try to compete with these poor people for the few pesos the earn. I agree  with that one too. Best way to live in the Phils is to have a monthly income from abroad, this is not the place to make a career!  Relax, enjoy, have fun, is what works best in the Phils for a Foreigner. if u want to make money then u go to a first world Country and make money.