Branches of wood!

Hi everyone!
Strange ish request! I would like to find some small/medium branches of wood to make something for our cats ( housecats from Uk that we brought with us to Malta!)
Do any of you know any such area that we could go scavenging for any wood from? Obviously its not as easy as it would be in our hometown in Uk but I haven't a clue where I would even start here in lovely Malta!
Many thanks
Debbie 😃

Hi Debbie,

Have you tried the area between Xemxija and Manikata, south of Mellieha? There's the only "forest" I know in Malta. You get there if you take the small road up to L-Imbordin half way between Tuffieha/Golden Bay and Xemxija, shortly before / after the garden centre. Or, when you're on the Mellieha bypass, you take the narrow road down to the south, more or less opposite the huge construction site.  Hope that helps.

Hi Bernie
Oh that's fab! Thank you so much for  telling me...its not too far away either!
We shall try to find it today!
Debbie 😊

I've done some research and found out the woods are called Mizieb ( near Mellieha) and should be avoided during hunting season which is worth taking note as it hadn't entered my mind to consider this! There is a Spring hunting season for Quail this year running from 25th March until 15th April....just in case any of you were interested , so be careful!