Free of fees inglish school and visa for house made

hello dear I'm planning to move to Ghent to post-graduate study ( master degree) and I have to kids 9 and 6 years .
I'm looking for English school in Ghent and I d like to know if there a  is specific  governmental English school or if there is cheap English school .
or at least an Arabic school
if some body can help me with that I will be appreciated
the second thing I want to know if I can bring my house made(nany) to live with me and what is the processing that I suppose to do for that issue.
thank you.

Dear friend,

In case you have not yet discovered it, Belgium is a country which has three national languages: French, Flemish and German. All Belgian schools automatically give courses in at least one of these three languages. Therefore, if you want a school in another language, you will have to go directly to the private schools, for which you are responsible for all school fees. AND it can be very expensive.

It would be more logical to look for a normal Belgian school with an immersion program. Your children as well as all the children will quickly feel at ease in one of the three Belgian languages.

Regarding the nanny of your children, this will depend on whether she has a direct relationship (wife, sister, ...) to you. If so, it should work. If not, you will have to look for another one in Belgium ...

Hello there

I would use google and find the "International School of Gent" if you are looking for an English school, the only one in East Flanders and anywhere near Gent. It has a new building. It costs around 10k per year.

The language of Flanders is DUTCH (please do not call it Flemish, it's not the name of the language, that is the name of the dialects of Dutch in Flanders). I would look seriously at a Dutch language school. You are allowed to choose any school, the level is pretty much the same, so choose a school near to home you feel the most comfortable with after visiting, don't look for better academically, you won't find a difference.

There are no primaries in Gent with specific immersion programmes for children your age. Schools are used to children arriving with no Dutch, so they help as and where they can.

You will need to ask the Belgian consular section nearest to your current home what the rules are on bringing private domestic servants with you. Your nanny might qualify as an "au pair" but au pairs are limited to 20 hours a week, 450 euro pocket money per month, 2 days off per week, to be treated like a family member, for non EU nationals, there is an age limit, you should pay for language lessons - very cheap and excellent public language schools which tend to start September/January each year their courses.

Hello ,

What about German schools for kids in flanders part ?
I am considering moving to Ghent , though my daughter is 6 yrs and just finished her KG1 in English / German ( mainly speaking skills without writing )

Best regards .

M.gaber wrote:

Hello ,

What about German schools for kids in flanders part ?
I am considering moving to Ghent , though my daughter is 6 yrs and just finished her KG1 in English / German ( mainly speaking skills without writing )

Best regards .

M.Gaber

Gent is in Flanders. The language of Flanders is Dutch, not German. Therefore not surprisingly all the schools in Flanders (with the exception of the private English schools in Gent and Antwerpen and Leuven) are in Dutch.

If you want a German school, you'll have to move instead to eastern Belgium where German is spoken, that is a 2 hour drive from Gent, or pay for private school fees at the German school of Brussels an hour a way, or seek a place in the German sections of the European schools.

Most 6 year olds would have no problem learning Dutch.

Dear Schoolmum ,
Thanx for the useful info , I don't think i will move away from Ghent for the sake of German school . Let's try Dutch ;)

BR
Mohannad