Moving to Spain

Hello!!!
my wife and are moving to Spain next year, so were trying to get ready, down sizing, moving into a smaller space, that kind of stuff.
My question or questions are;
1. Am I better off buying a car there or importing one?
2. How long before I transition should I start the ball rolling here in the states?
3. I'll be dealing with the Consulate in Miami, does anyone have advice?
4. My target area is; from Malaga south as far as Estepona to east as far as Nerja.  If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears.

don't import a car, immisions are different, expensive duty fees and you will need spanish plates and so on.  It is easy to buy a car here and it would be an ongoing saga to bring a us car.  most cars here are diesel and manual transmission. 
the timing is tricky for the visa ***

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads please
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you

We will be coming over next year to take another look at the southern coast, do you have any suggestions for towns to keep in mind?
I would like less tourist type area, but I know I can't get away from it being on the coast, but if I could lessen the impact that would be great.

There are plenty of authentic coastal areas which arent too touristy.  You need to get out of Costa del Sol, Almeria and Alacante for that though.   We are in Costa Tropical 1 hour east of Malaga and 1 hour south of Granada.  There are many towns which are very Spanish along the coast and some areas are growing with expats, but still not many.    ***

of course slightly in land in any costa area will be less touristy too.

Moderated by Priscilla 7 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please

Thank you I'll check it out