Now that I am In Denmark :-)

Hi Everyone,

Before arriving in Denmark, I read all the blogs and all the forums that were sad and discouraging, but like most immigrants I ignored them all and still came to Denmark anyway :-)

I am a native English speaker and I am yet to find a job but I am not yet sad and disgruntled just yet maybe because I made a conscious decision to be practical and not expect miracles :-)

In any case, before reality begins to set in...lol... I would like to know where to get help to revise my CV and cover letter or job application, as the case may be.

Also, since my Danish is worst than basic, if anyone is interested in practicing Danish speaking, I would appreciate it :-) I only have English language in exchange, so if you need to also work on your English language, we can exchange. (not that English is that much of an exotic language or even in high learning demand over here...lol)

Looking forward to reading interesting comments.

CHEERS :-)

hey, i'm a native English speaker (from England) and have been here for about 1.5 years. It took me about 3-4 months before finding work and I still haven't begun to touch on the language (need to speed it up as well because I've got a kid coming). Without Danish work will be extremly hard to find, try worldwide-work.com they normally have some good listings on there although it's mostly hands on work. I just managed to get a job at the Copenhagen Post newspaper in the marketing department but that was only after a year of working for them for free (with my other jobs on the side). Goodluck

Thanks for the info, I am also beginning to realize your point about Danish language and finding work, but inspite of this I would have to keep on trying (not like I have much of a choice :-) I would check out the website link you mentioned.

Cheers