Recommendations for MOVING PROPERTY plus

I would greatly appreciate someone advising me on WHAT COMPANY to contact for moving personal goods from California, USA to Barcelona. Also, I have 60 boxes of  books (25 volumes per box) among personal belongings which I intend to donate to a non-profit or low-profit organization in Spain. Should I mail the boxes of books separately, and via a circuitous route to minimize DUTIES and TAXES? Does one have to compile a list of exactly how many skirts and shirts are involved? Everything is used. Finally, has anyone experienced significant problems, delays in arrival?  PLEASE respond here AND directly to me at [email protected]. Gracias, Ricardo

Hi Ricardo, welcome on Expat-blog! :)

I suggest you to contact our moving partner for a free quote : https://www.expat.com/en/movers/europe/spain/catalunya/

I don't have a recommendation for a mover.  I used a company that picks up your things already packed and finds an available boat to carry it over.  Can't remember the name of this kind of service, but it was a lot cheaper than a regular mover.

What I wanted to say was about the books.  Are they English language? I've lived here ten years and haven't found anyone much interested in accepting books.  They don't seem to have the same used book sales at libraries, etc.  If it were me, I'd donate the books before coming and save myself the shipping cost and the disappointment that maybe no one will want them.