I wish to be in Venice

Hola. My dream destination is Venice.. I wish to go there and never come back again :)

So here's the thing... I am currently in the field of Media.. Television direction and production to be more precise.

I need to know if there is a course in Venice related to media that i can apply for? Or a media related job?

I want to go to Venice soooo badly that i don't even mind switching career.. any thing you guys can help me with??

Hello, i live in Milan. Did you check for it on Google? Tell me how can i help you. Do you speak italian? Bye

Hi. Yeah i did try google.. but in vain

I could not find any media course there.. but i was hoping to find a media related job in Venice..
would you have any idea about the media industry there? Or maybe some place close to Venice?

Oh btw i cannot speak Italian.

Hello,
I'm an artist and I'd love to live in Venice for some period. I have visited the city twice and every time it seems more beautiful to me. I speak english and spanish. I also have the same problem...working in Venice as an artist. photographer, videographer or wedding photography.

well since our problem is similar... lets find ways to help each other out.
In case I come across something that might help you... i'll pass it on.
Good Luck.

thank you Chetna
I will do that too

ciao, Chetna
  I also have a dream of living in Venice. I have been to Italy many times. I just recently was in Italy for 9 weeks. My plan is to rent an apartment with two or three roommates and central Venice. Hopefully with all expats . This way we could help each other. There are many apartments available for about $1500.00- $2000.00 a month. Living in Venice is not cheap. But with the help of roommates , it can be done.
Anyways I hope to do this by the next summer. Let's keep in touch.
Lucia

Welcome on Expat.com Lucia :)

Without Italian even in the main cities like Rome and Italy getting any kind of job is quite difficult especially one as specialized as yours! I too came from the tv production industry, although I am trying to switch gears a bit so I'm not looking for a job in that industry anymore, but in general without Italian it is very difficult to find a job. Your method of finding a course is a good one if you can find it, and one in English that too.

I've been in Italy almost 2 years now, the first year I came to do a Masters in Business (as a way to shift career direction), I happened to meet and marry my love who happens to be Italian and I moved to Rome as a result (he has a job here). So I've been on the hunt for any kind of english speaking job...other than being an English teacher at least to start although I might end up there.

It is not easy. If you have an engineering or a finance background you might have better luck. Consulting companies seem to want people who speak english although you still have to speak a but of Italian at least.

Try to start learning. Maybe take an Italian language course in venice, it might be a way to live there and learn the language which will then help you get a job in your field once you get the hang of the language.

Good luck!
Neeya
http://worldcitizeninrome.blogspot.com/

Hi Chetna !

Check out the Ca'Foscari International Programmes and courses:
unive.it/nqcontent.cfm?a_id=75809

Ca' Foscari is a very serious and prestigious university, I don't know whether there are restrictions on access.

Instead, if you really want a chance to get a job and live in Venice, I suggest you come here and begin to study Italian. Your mother tongue is a valuable asset in Italy, but you have to be able to speak italian as well.

ciao
Paolo

Hi,  sorry this was meant as a private message.. have a nice day