Early termination of contract

Hi I need some help on employment please here in Saudi I will keep it simple

I am on a 16 month contract which ends in August 17,I signed the contract but at the time unknown to myself the actual contract my company was working on and I was employed on was only  meant to last until Dec 16 which was on only 8 months into my 16 month contract.

The contract on the project was extended in Dec 16 until March 17.I am going home as there is no suitable work for myself to do within my company.

My question is the company gave me a contract knowing that my job was never going to last 17 months where do I stand re payment and salary ?

Thanks Al

If your company gave you a contract for 16 months and now they terminated you, you can demand full end of service pay out from the company for the total contract duration.  But if you have resigned now , then there is nothing much you can claim or they should give.

A clarification required : you mentioned that it was extended from Dec to Mar, how did this happen if the contract was originally for 16 months ? :dumbom:

Hi,the contract on which I'm working on was extended from Dec 16 to March 31st 17
My personal contract started on April 18th 16 and was for 16 months.

Thanks fir taking the time to reply I appriciate it

Alan

I am still trying to understand the difference between personal contract and the other. As far as I know employees should have only one contract for a specific duration and not two at the same time. If there are two however which ever is official will take legal precedence and if that was renewed and then you submitted resignation then you may have to pay or get substantial decrease in the benefits. However if company is terminating you then they will pay all benefits.

Thanks for the reply,I have not resigned they are ending my contract thanks for you,re time
Alan

Hi
I will make it clear to save any confusion I signed a 16 month contract in April 16 but I'm being told my contract is being terminated as of March 31st 2017 which over 4 months early.Im being told I'm only entitled to 1 months salary and ESB which I think is wrong

Thanks Again

If you signed a contract for 16 months till Aug 2016 and if you are being asked to leave as of Mar 2017, then your ESB is more or less correct, you get half months pay for a year in service as ESB by law. You may get additinal benefits if mentioned in the contract, apart from that nothing.

So if your employer is offering you a months pay, I believe this is fair considering the law that states - half a months total pay for each year of service for the first 5 yrs.

Thanks again so the remainder of my contract I get no compensation for early termination ?

Thanks Alan

Hi sorry I signed a contract April 2016 for 16 months which takes me up to August 17 so my company are ending my contract early.

I wrote the wrong dates sorry

Thanks Alan

this means that your contract is limited time. in this case the company should pay you your rights till end date of the contract. i heard that recently, labor laws adjusted the calculation of indemnity for the limited time. the calculations will be double of the calculation of unlimited time contract.

you can visit this link https://www.laboreducation.gov.sa and write your question clearly and they will reply you within 3 working days.

laboreducation.gov.sa

Thank you so much for your reply
Alan

Masri1964 is exactly right.

i am here in saudi arabia from last 40 days and i am currently in probation period and my cmpany is supplier cmpany and send me to other cmpany for work and here no accomodation food or anything i want to go home back what should i do ?

ask your company to give you the final exit.
they cannot force you to stay

See post below.. as I had to repost because of no helpful replies

My gf is a OFW in Riyadh.  She as worked since has contract since July 2017 ( wrong start date on last post ).. She has many contract violates including ....No possession of passport and work permit, no weekly day off since start of contract , not receiving 8 hours sleep nightly , not receive sick days or rest for a should injury per orders of a doctor,  no bank account was EVER set up in her name now she is not receiving her pay which was due March 31 told there was no money to pay her.  I'm inquiring what are her rights ,,, where/who does she report contract violates ,, how does she/we terminate the contract without financial penalty to herself
Please reply ASAP.. she's talking of running away in a foreign country and I'm very worried for her safety

what's your current job there?

My contract is going to expire in 24 feb 2019

I served this company 6 years my company has terminated me
What benefits should i get ?
Will i get extra 2 salary as company is terminating me ??

U can go to lb court

I need to know will i get 2 extra salaries

In case of termination or being resticated they will not pay even a single riyal

You should get the first five years X.half your full salary then one full salary for the 6th year onwards plus 2 full salaries because of the termination.. file a labour court case to get your rights

Thanks

I m getting everything but not extra 2 salary
They have given me 2 months notice till 23 feb.
And 23 feb my contrat is going to expire

Please tell me I should get the 2 extra salaries

Thanks. What about if company has given me two month notice period Still i m eligible for exta two salaries??