Best usages and practices in Tunisia

Hello everyone,

Living in Tunisia means learning new ways of doing things and incorporating to your daily life unique practices.

We invite you to share unique practices, tools or methods that could also make a difference in other countries.

For instance, have you recently discovered new rules or habits regarding transportation, the environment or health in Tunisia? Are there innovative and useful practices or services that make daily life simpler?

Thank you for your contribution.

Priscilla

Things in Tunisia change in a second, but there are constantly revisions and changes to almost everything.  One good way of keeping up to date is to subscribe to an email news update.  Here in Tunisia I get articles in English from Tunisia Live which is a very good reference point.  Also get updates from the local TV and from friends who will help to translate and interpret what the changes mean to you and the country as a whole.

Try not to compare..
America is different than Tunisia
And if u chose to come live here, adjust, admire, love this new way of life.
I embrace my new life and make the best of it all.

I have many Tunisian friends.  Many times when I am out I am with them I am able to get what I may need. Not only does it help me with the language barrier, the people have seen me in the city that I live in.  This helps with familiarity.
I know French also, so I am able to get what I need in the stores. I did realize that the French spoken here is not "textbook" French, so I am still having to use sign language for some of the things that I need. If that doesn't work then I will Google a photo of what I need and that works really good.