A WEBSITE FOR EXPATS, BY EXPATS

Hi Electra,

There is a HOUSING section column above for you to do some research about the specific areas you wanted.  Otherwise, I guessed you would have to make a few more trips to see whether Saigon is what you are looking for. If Hoi An, Danang and Nha Trang are your "prefered" place, then District 8 will not be suitable.

Hi Clintiii

Thank you so much for your helpful advice.

Regards
Electra

thx

So this website is supposed to be for expats by expats, yet I see a lot of locals trolling about offering their useless service and opinions.

QuidProQuo :

So this website is supposed to be for expats by expats, yet I see a lot of locals trolling about offering their useless service and opinions.

Only if the various team members don't see them first.
There's a zero tolerance policy in this section so all ads are deleted the moment we see them.

Opinions are not against the forum rules unless they're just bad news for whatever reason, that including misinformation.
If you see something you know to be misleading, please report it.

Just the users moderate themselves. Keyword filters/user names/ locations HIDE.
Some people try here to reinvent a simple circle, admins are clueless in best case and should be limited to move posts, if suggested by a number of users, e.g to adverts.
And free adverts should expire after a time AND limited to maybe once per quarter of a year

I also strictly oppose the english language enforcement. There are more expat languages in each country, some can read a language/translate. This helps more than the intervention of a clueless admin. In fact, I see admins more spamming their copy/paste nonsense than the spammers

Neither has this forum sufficient languages on offer, only supremacy countries languages.

It's maybe whatever, but currently no expat forum. Since the renaming to expat forum, it went  from barely reasonable to a lower state, than ever ever before.
Expats are coming also from countries, where other languages are needed.
Currently I see already the domain name as a strong insult, as there are plenty of chines, russian, german and other languages speaking expats.
My 2 cents

2 cents didn't buy much

As a new member allow me. Quite happy with it, the site seems to do the job. Nothing in life is perfect and if it means you have to skip over 'useless opinions from the locals' so be it. Not a biggy in the greater scheme of things.  Anyway, looking forward to a VN move.  Onwards.

Fred :

2 cents didn't buy much

In moment, they have at for Vietnam the lowest postings since ever but the most spam and even more silly admin copy/paste. If they carry on that way, I will again take off for some years.
Again, I not admins anyway but if they want, they can even make their own admin forum, only englsih speaking, na(t)ive admins, if this boost their stupid ego

Neil Farrington :

As a new member allow me. Quite happy with it, the site seems to do the job. Nothing in life is perfect and if it means you have to skip over 'useless opinions from the locals' so be it. Not a biggy in the greater scheme of things.  Anyway, looking forward to a VN move.  Onwards.

New, is always impressive. Was with ex the same. After a while, you see more facts than dreams and again after while, separation seems one of the options

l3ully :
Neil Farrington :

New, is always impressive. Was with ex the same. After a while, you see more facts than dreams and again after while, separation seems one of the options

Gee, I dunno...     :unsure

I (don't) believe in freedom of choice, but we are all free to choose...

.. we are not free to escape the consequences...

My 2 dong's worth (if we are allowed to compare currencies..?)

..but yours is bigger than mine (so bleah!!)...      :idontagree:

I shall now go off in a Huff!        :mad:

Bazza139 :
l3ully :
Neil Farrington :

you can compare, whatever you want, if you can. I belive in that others night do, as they pleased

l3ully :
Bazza139 :
l3ully :

you can compare, whatever you want, if you can. I belive in that others night do, as they pleased

Much Better!!    I like it at night...       :par:

..the site looks naughtier at second sight too...     :blink:

hahahaha, I can imagine already a post: my 500 USD freebe had a sneeze whilst xxxxx.
In fact, there was recently just a topic ..., poor guy