Vehicle in morocco

Hi, my wife and I just moved here to Tanger. We are wanting to get a vehicle and know that we cannot buy one here until we have a residency card. We then started to think about importing one. Does anyone know the rules about importing the vehicle from outside Morocco? What are the taxes? is it worth it?

Hey the law in morocco about importing car is that your car should be  less than 5 years old you have to pay import duty of 100% of the assessed value at the port of entry
Bear in mind that you can bring ur car to six  months maximum in each  year.
For more information
Link

@moroccon1 can you bring ur car for 6 months and then u can bring different car in same year for six months? And is there any restriction how many times u can bring the car in morocco? Also if u bring the car for 6 months and then go out and bring the same car next year or no? Thanks for help.

I think there is no restrection in bring same car or new car many times to morrocco as long as u respect the law; when u finish ur period of six month you have to take ur car to another country ( not really sure if you can just leave to spain and come back or you have to go to ur hom e country )
Thats webiste of costums of morocco
Link

Though My advice is to wait till u get ur residency . It's more trouble than it is worth. it became a real headache to take it out of Morocco every six months, and then having to drive back to Your country .

Did you look into renting a car ?!

I belive the law is you can bring ONE vehicle in a six month period, you cannot bring in a different vehicle every six months.