Quickest way to get a TEFL certificate?

I have been offered a job but apparently need to get an English teaching certificate for the work visa. TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/DELTA are all ok. Is if feasible to do something online and get it in a week?
Thanks!

You can get certificates with doing anything except pay but they're useless, often scams and a waste of cash.
You can do online courses but they tend to be useless and a waste of cash.
Real courses such as CELTA take time and money but are valid qualifications and are worth the time and cash.

Plenty to go at but you're looking at four weeks or longer.

As I said, I do NOT have 4 weeks!! Read before you reply.

travellingcapy wrote:

You should give up your teaching plans, you are by far not suitable to teach kids, you are planning to buy a certificate on line, right? You don't care about teaching kids, you just want an easy job, right?

Stick to the rules mate, you are not a teacher so don't apply for a teaching job!

travellingcapy wrote:

I apologise if you dislike reality.

The fast way is to use a dodgy qualifications for cash site but you'll probably have to apply and pay several before you find one that will actually send you a certificate; a bit of paper all decent schools will reject as surely as if it were a used tissue.

Google will probably provide an address for some dodgy school that will knock a piece of toilet paper out for you.

Hahaha I'm already a teacher with YEARS of experience, the school where I'm going needs a tefl within a week, that's why I asked. ***

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : There's no need to be rude, isn't it.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

It's not my reality sadly. I'm not the one needing it, it's the school who's employing me.
Keep your toilet paper.

Teachers with poor grammar skills are surprisingly common, as are assumptions regarding other people.
Your insult aimed at Joe suggests a pretty poor attitude, and that's something less than welcome in any classroom.

TEFL/TESL requires skills that are apart from any other form of teaching and that means training in order to understand the oddities of the job.
Further, you'll find the various quirks change from language to language meaning a teaching method that is valid in one country might very well be useless in another.
That's what courses such as CELTA prepare you for.

The OP was about gaining a teaching qualification, but quick and quality (along with usefulness) are mutually exclusive.

The fact is you do need it, as you'll find out very quickly.
However, the toilet roll factories with provide you with a rubbish qualification that will teach you nothing but get you a job.

It sort of depends on your attitude to work and the value you put on  the kids education.
Perhaps, if your statements are as true as they are insulting, you might consider the rubbish bit of paper first then do a real course later.
You'll find the Cambridge stuff is pretty much universally accepted in Asia.