Beat the heat

I was in Manila in May a few years back and it was sooooooo hot and humid.
I got heat rash and found it difficult to cope with the humidity.
If one lives in the Ph for a while and you are Caucasian, do you get use to the heat? Does your body adapt after a while? My Filipina friends did not even sweat it seemed whereas I was sweating profusely.
Obviously air conditioning is a requirement but I don't want to stay indoors all the time.

Indonesia is also hot and I'm from the same latitude as you (give or take).
You never quite get used to the heat but you mostly do. As long as I sleep under air con, the rest is fine but I tend to take quick showers a lot, often 3 or 4 a day.

in the big city's the heat is worst ,so after staying 1 yr in Davao we moved to Mati city ,a smal provincial coast town and it is good living here ,ofcorse inported products are scars here butthis is compensated by low rents ease of trafic (no trafic jams ),great beaches and clean air
greets Dirk

I think that over time you will acquire some tolerance to the heat and humidity, in the same way that expats from warmer climes will develop some tolerance for freezing weather. You might stay outside longer than before, will settle for an electric fan instead of an aircon when it's not too hot, or maybe even skip using a fan.

Even if you develop some tolerance, you will still sweat as much though. You will need to keep your body cool. Wear lighter clothing, preferably those made of cotton. If you are self-conscious about sweat on your clothes, you can try dri-fit shirts. Use an umbrella when out in the sun. Bring a mini rechargeable handheld fan.

About "My Filipina friends did not even sweat it seemed whereas I was sweating profusely. ", women sweat less than men.

I understand your dilemma. My father's friend a Fil-Am balikbayan stayed with us for almost 3 months. Even though he lived here in the Philippines before, he had a similar problem as yours. He sweats buckets but as for us, my family, we are fine since we are used to it. So he sleeps in the room of my parents since the aircon is placed there. Regardless of the heat, he enjoyed his stay with us because he never felt like an outsider.

It's not the heat that is the problem. It is the Humidity. We live in Bohol, where because of the high rainfall the humidity is always uncomfortably high.
I have lived in Mindoro where the humidity is not so bad as here.
But we like Visayas. So I'll just keep changing Shirts Four times a Day

I found that Tagaytay City is the difference for me.   We are not built to be in Manila type heat and humidity.     They say in the US that u get use to living in Arizona in the summer....... NOT   same thing here.  Wife has land by tacloban but we wont even go there and leave the cooler weather here.  Even in Subic i use to come out  early morning and that was it, which is no way to live.  Women are a big less attractive in Tagaytay and less likely to chase foreigners  but it is also about as upscale living as u can get in the Phils so u got a more upscale type of  Filipinos too.   As far as manila, it is named the worst big city on the planet to live in for many reasons and none of which i am fond of. Good luck.