Working holiday visa query

Hi I'm Brittany from Australia and I'm looking at doing the working holiday visa on arrival process. So far I don't think the application process will be a problem. However, I'm a bit confused about the process of registering with a municipality and what time frame I will have to do this.

My problem is that I don't intend on working or staying in one area of holland for more than a month at a time, as I will mostly be doing works ways and hoping to travel by car throughout the country and bordering European nations. Will it still be necessary for me to register if have no permanent residence? I don't know how I will be able to do this for each place I plan to visit and not return!! Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am arriving in Amsterdam very soon!

Hi Brittany and welcome to the Forum,

I'm assuming you've checked the rules about working holiday visa's; if not, you can read about them here

On that visa, if you are living anywhere for more than 5 days in Holland, you need to register at the Gemeente (Town Hall) of where you are staying and you have to do it within 5 days of moving in; as part of that process, you'll be issued with a BSN number (so you can work), you keep the BSN number for the duration of your stay in Holland.  When you leave the Gemeente to move on elsewhere, you have to de-register, then re-register in the next region in Holland.

What happens if you deregulated somewhere and then hypothetically don't stay in one place for more than five days at a time?

If you don't stay longer than five days you don't have to register.