Which compound is best

My husband has been offered a job located in al khobar. We will be moving with our six year old daughter.

Where is the best compound to live? We are a Scottish family.

What's the best school?

Any other advice on life as a western woman would be appreciated

Thanks J

Khobar is an excellent place to live for expats , there are many western compounds and also you can consider living in bahrain and your hubby can every day commute between khobar and bahrain ... the drive takes about 45 mnts in the morning and 1-1:30 hours on the way back to bahrain but living in bahrain is fun !
regarding schools in khobar , if you are looking for british curriculam , then British school of Khobar would the most suitale option considering its standard and also your kids will be given preference being UK passport holders.
other schools .... british grammer school which is bit pricy but hope your hubby company covers schooling ....

International school groups near USA embassy is good
Ooasis compound

Dr rayyan wrote:

International school groups near USA embassy is good
Ooasis compound

This is the best choice good luck

Thanks. We looked at Bahrain however hubby doesn't want to commute as he's heard yes drive is short but passport control can delay things heavily.

His work are paying for school and housing so costs isn't a huge issue.

The oasis compound is that the older one? Heard it's run down a little or am I getting that confused with somewhere else?

Thanks my husband will go out and visit his work facility before we move so he will go and visit a few places to check them out.

Would love to hear from any western family that have made the move already

My husband and I live in Euro Villiage.  It is a very nice compound which has a very good International School located inside the compound.  I have accepted your contact request so if you would like to pm me I can try answer any questions you have. 😀