What is the monthly pay range for a comfortable life ?

I'm new to this forum and thinking to move to Jakarta. But first I need to survey on certain criteria before bringing my family along. Appreciate your feedback on below:

For expat, what is the monthly pay range to look into to be able to provide a comfortable life for the family of 5 consisting of 3 kids?

How difficult is it for expat to purchase a car in Jakarta or should we rent?

Work on local wages.
Locals get from 1 to 7 million/month in normal to what might be considered middle class jobs.

That should give you an idea of what you can live on, but your personal choices decide on what you'll spend.

Renting a car is not cheap and trying to buy as an expat is difficult but not completely impossible. You would need to have full kitap or Kitas, npwp or tax card/number, written proof of marriage, financial salary slip, district head letter of address amongst other things.
As for a salary to be comfortable on that depends what you consider comfortable and where and how you want to live. Other threads such as the cost of living provide more details to that.
It's not cheap here and it's not expensive it's all about getting the mix right.

lukereg wrote:

and trying to buy as an expat is difficult but not completely impossible. You would need to have full kitap or Kitas, npwp or tax card/number, written proof of marriage, financial salary slip, district head letter of address amongst other things.

or cash.

The credit firms tend to be careful but cash means it takes about a week to have a new vehicle delivered and to Hades with the paperwork.

However, licences so require lots of bumf including passport, KITAS/P and the pile of other stuff mentioned above.