Please help - medical rules for hepatitis b (residence visa)

Dear all,

A question about medical rules in Qatar for residence visas.

I am a healthy carrier of hepatitis B virus.

I work in hotel administration, my question is will i be able to accept the job I am being offered without worrying about being deported when I am sent for medicals?
Is it the same as in UAE where it is only tested for foood handlers and teachers?

Many Thanks in advance.

Dear StellaNutella,

My situation like yours, did you find an answer if they do like UAE ?

StellaNutella wrote:

Dear all,

A question about medical rules in Qatar for residence visas.

I am a healthy carrier of hepatitis B virus.

I work in hotel administration, my question is will i be able to accept the job I am being offered without worrying about being deported when I am sent for medicals?
Is it the same as in UAE where it is only tested for foood handlers and teachers?

Many Thanks in advance.

any update on this? I have the same situation as your but my profession is I am an engineer. As i have read in other forums only those belong in medical/hospital, saloon, hotels & resto, food handling are being tested for HIV, HBV and PTB. but for professions like mine its HIV and PTB only. Can someone confirm this? Thanks.

From my understanding, they only check for major viruses such as HIV.

i think you will undergo a general check-up. doha,  i heard, is strict with medicals...

If you intend to work in Qatar be aware that All new employees MUST undergo the Qatar Medical which is basic but covers X-Ray (TB or scarring from TB), HIV, Hep B & C. If you have any of these you WILL NOT get residency.

I know what I'm talking about as my job is HR and I have lived here for 11 years. Finally leaving in a couple of weeks.

how about house wife residence visa do they also check for hep B

Yes all should undergo medical check ups

any update on this?I'm really in need of the info regarding the application for rp if you are hep b carrier...

Try getting the answer here medical rules hepatitis b or HEP B

Hi everyone

I have already passed medical exam and got the Qatar I'd and I m here to work as a delivery driver in fasfood sector so I went for the medical again for the food handlers 1months ago and my x-Ray was repeated but not received any result yet.
I contact with my sponsor but he is saying rant they are also waiting result from commission yet. Is it true ? And what will happen I will be sent back to my home if I failed this medical exam please help me by answering on this situation ...thank you