What's the chances in Portugal?

Hi everyone.

I would love any info on job searching in PT if you are not fluent in the language? I met someone and we are serioiusly thinking of moving to Portugal (he is Portuguese but we met working on ships) My nighmare is though, finding work there. I am trained in Production design, was in the film industry for some years and then ended up in Photogrpahy. I love a creative enviroment and would like to stay in that field, even if its teaching kids or something similar? how do you go about looking for work so i can get a work visa ect especially now with the economic crisis and would it be possible at all? I am currently learning Portuguese but my skills arent good enough yet to proudly say i can speak the language :(

any info would be greatly appreciated!

If you don't have a degree, you will not be able to teach in a school or university. Of course there are jobs where knowledge of Portuguese can be minimal but qualified jobs are hard to come by.

An option would be getting a student visa to attend University, courses are about 3 years long. There are some wonderful creative art schools here. In many cases, you would not be required to know Portuguese (although I would recommend it).

Before you come though, you should contact the Portuguese consulate nearest you with options and recommendations. They are very helpful!