Requesting advice on immigrating to Brazil!

Hello!

My name is Norm, I'm Scottish. Looking for some advice in regards to immigrating to Brazil

Firstly I'll start of with the basics..

I'm fluent in português & have full documents to work and live in Brazil.

My wife is Brazilian and my baby boy is Brazilian born with duel citizenship for Brazil and UK.

I recently lived in Brasilia while my wife was pregnant, I only lived there for around 5 months. I didn't work and lived of my savings, then once out baby was born we returned to UK.

I love Brazil and would love to move there and live there. Although Brazil isn't great for work and money, also everything is so expensive! But I don't want this to stop my dream, at the moment I'm self employed in Scotland and earning good money. I was to get some advice for anybody who has move to Brazil, what was your plans, tip and advice.

I don't know what to do, save a good amount of money here then take to to Brazil, buy a house? Open a business? What is the best way to do this, I don't want to live rich in Brazil. Just an ordinary life and enough money to live a reasonable life...

Any advice would be externally appreciated!

Obrigado!

You're married to and have a child with a Brazilian citizen. That gives you the right to live here permanently.

I would work and save money for awhile and then look into buying either land or a house after coming back. Then, for starters, go work for an ESL school or something similar. What kind of work do you do now in Scotland? Is it something that there's a use or need for here? If so, that might be an idea here.

Hi Norm
Im spanishpete, well not Spanish at all but english and from Essex
I move to Brazil some 3 odd years ago, so if i can help you with any info, just send me a massage
Pete

I want a massage too!!

Hey Mike!

If you are looking for a massage this might be the wrong forum buddy :) lol

Regards

Stanza

LOL. And my wife is saying her arms hurt.

Deep heat is required, for the massage

Agreed.

well, if everyone needs massages...maybe thats a business idea right there. ;P
hey, have you decided what city you want to settle in? If you are interested in setting up some sort of business with partnership,  inbox me.

Brasilia is expensive being the Capitol and it's a government town. I suggest you go to Numbeo and compare the price of each city, Here in Belem the crime is high yet I find prices reasonable on a pension, the house is paid for so we just live day by day. The economy is crap now and there are bargains to be found all over. Work here an employer must show the job cannot be accomplished by a Brazilian is my understanding. Going into business can be just as challenging. Research as much as you can on Living in Brazil for it is not for the weak in heart and mind. If your fluent in Portugese maybe look in the tourist field or working for the airlines.
Good Luck and Welcome to Brazil. Most of the Americano/English speaking Professors/Teachers here I have met are scared to speak English to someone who has spoken it all there lives???? It's like they start shaking in the sepatos/shoes (lol)