Marriage advice

Hi everyone. Just needed some advice in regards to marrying my fiancé in morocco we are both not nationals but we want to settle in morocco any advice would be great 😀

Hi ZandD,

Welcome on board  :)

If you could please post some more precise questions, members will be able to better guide you.

Just drop a few questions in a comment below.

All the best,
Bhavna

Sorry I was just wondering do they allow people marry in morocco when neither person is a morocco national.ie obtain relevant paperwork

Do either of you have Moroccan backgrounds (ie. born to Moroccan parents)?

If anything you should be able to register your marriage through your respective consulate.

Hi thanks for the reply. Neither of us have any Moroccan backgrounds. We just have visited plenty of times and fell in love with the country and people 😊

Just going off the Canadian Embassy website it says:

One of the things the Moroccan authorities will ask you to submit is a certificate stating there are no impediments to your marriage (also called Capacité de Mariage [eligibility to marry]). This certificate must be issued by the Canadian Embassy in Morocco, located in Rabat. At the same time, the Embassy will also issue you an Attestation de Nationalité [confirmation of nationality].

As long as you both have that and your passports, I take it you should be good to go.

Usually you are married by a Muslim "Adul" in Morocco, so not sure how you would circumvent that if you are non-muslim.

Ok awesome thanks for your support