Rumour in Australia about warning from Indonesian government

Hi all.

There's a rumour circulating in Australia that the Indonesian government have warned Australians to stay away. Has anybody heard anything like that on your side?

That rumour goes around all the time. Probably been said due to the elections at the moment. Have you checked the Australian government website?
They normally have some sort of travel warning regarding Indonesia.

Thanks. Actually this time the rumour is that the Indonesian government issued the warning, not the Australian government. That's the confusing thing

Rumors, on an election day?  No surprise there...that's just politics as usual.

I have no idea how I missed this thread, but a late laugh is just as good as an on time one.

The Australian government issued a warning for Chritmas tourists so that's probably been warped by drunks, bigots and other idiots.

Sometimes...like right after a visit to Kuta, I sort of wish that Indonesia would issue a warning to our mates down under that they stay away!   :lol:

But nah, after five or so decades of an ongoing love/hate relationship, I can't ever envision Indonesia asking, or warning Ozzies to stay away.  Even after they tapped SBY wife's phone, things didn't get that bad.

Hi Roy, selamat pagi (I think that's right, guessing you may read this in the morning).

I just saw your profile. I also read some of your comments in here. Myself, I'm new here, and I just registered. I have been to Bali regularly over 20 years, sometimes for extended periods of time. Now my plan is to move to Bali in what they call summer here (here is li'l ole Germany).

If I had filled in a more explicite profile, my comment would equally have been the intention of knowing the Balinese Culture better, sharing and helping develop/preserve it.

As you may suppose, I have a lot of questions on my mind, but also hope I'll be able to contribute myself.

In which way would I be able to meet with you personally - just for a chat?

Good morning,
I tried to get in contact, but no reply since Feb 17. May I ask you for some help with a couple of questions regarding legal things for expats in Bali?
Thanx

What do you need to know?