ESTA Problem

Hi,

I applied for ESTA a few months ago and put in that I'm traveling to another country via the U.S; which I did. Now I'm traveling to the U.S. again, but this time I'm planning to stay there for two and a half months. It says everywhere that I should be able to change my address in the U.S. even after getting approved, but I'm not able to. It only allows me to change the email address. I think this might be cos I obviously didn't put in an address in the U.S. the first time.

Nowhere have I encountered that in my situation I should apply for a new ESTA, but I guess that's within the realm of possibilities. How could I solve my problem? I emailed some official government website, but the response time is 2-3 weeks, which is really tight.

Most likely they're not gonna deny entry in any case, but I'm just worried about some crazy chance they might.

Oh shoot, now I found something in the official website about this:

WHEN DO I NEED TO REAPPLY FOR AN ESTA?

A new travel authorization may be required in any of the following circumstances:
The circumstances underlying the traveler's previous responses to any of the ESTA application questions requiring a "yes" or "no" response have changed.

Travel authorization approvals will typically be granted for a period of two years or until the applicant's passport expires, whichever is sooner. ESTA will provide validity dates upon approval of the application. Therefore, a traveler must apply for a new travel authorization when a prior ESTA authorization or an applicant's passport expires. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted.

So it seems like I might have to submit a new application. In the application I was asked whether it's a transit via the U.S. and I answered "yes".

It says I "may be" required a new authorization though. Perhaps I'm gonna wait till the 2nd of March and then if I haven't got a response from them, I will submit a new application.

In this thread online it says I don't need to re-apply it and my ESTA is valid this time too:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/usa/1719 … not-1.html

A minor thing that sucks is that I called the U.S. and was on the phone waiting for like 3 minutes. Might cost like three euros or something.

I think I won't re-apply. Really sucks if I'm denied entry, but I'll take that risk.

SOLVED

I already got a reply. Surprisingly fast, that's good. It said that it's fine that I don't have an address mentioned and that the ESTA should remain valid. All I should do is have the address info available when I talk with the border officer upon entry.

SO THIS CASE IS SOLVED